• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by howson View Post

The best way may be (with a fully charged battery):

1) Turn off the solar controller
    2) Turn off the battery disconnect
    3) Remove the negative cable from the battery

Consult your owners manual and you'll find it recommends removing the negative cable from the battery, too, for long term storage.

How is the solar on your Transcend implemented--is there a disconnect switch between the panel(s) and controller? How about between the controller and the battery?
    I hadn't even noticed this. Here is the controller location on transcend xplor 261BH just FYI and thank you for your help.
    2021 Grand Design Transcend xplor 261BH TT

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

As I've written before, I do not speak for or represent GD in any way, shape or form. I'm just an owner like yourself who volunteers time to try and help fellow owners.

However, I have interacted with GD representatives frequently and it's been my experience that a modification causes a problem they won't cover it. I think that's true of any company. However, GD hasn't (to my knowledge) ever used a modification as an excuse to deny a valid warranty claim.

-- can you add anything to what I've written here that's in "approved" GD terminology?

Howard
      You have covered it. The only thing to add is any damage caused from a modification will not be covered by warranty. Hope this helps!!

Comment

Working...
      X