Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is solar option on Solitudes and Momentums available yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To everyone here,
    is there anyway to get ahold of a wiring schematic? I’d love to see oh GD is installing theirs compared to mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Glamping4two View Post
      To everyone here,
      is there anyway to get ahold of a wiring schematic? I’d love to see oh GD is installing theirs compared to mine.
      There is not much to it. For the "Solar prep" there are plugs on the roof and 2 wires , black and red" that come down inside a wall somewhere and into the front storage where the battery is. For "Solar package" they add a panel , or 2 , and the inverter is installed on the ceiling of the front storage. Nice and simple.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Jim,
        just watched the video. He said a 2000 watt inverter running fridge and microwave plus outlets? My Furrion microwave is 1400 watts when it’s running. I’ve seen my Polarmax fridge pull 600 watts when the compressor is running. Did I miss something?
        No, I don't think you missed something. I use a 2000 Watt inverter myself, and frequently have to load shed if I'm running a high energy device like a toaster or microwave. If the inverter trips, then I know I need to turn something off while the microwave is running. For the example you give, it might be worthwhile to shut off the refrigerator while running the microwave, then turn it back on as soon as it's done.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

There is not much to it. For the "Solar prep" there are plugs on the roof and 2 wires , black and red" that come down inside a wall somewhere and into the front storage where the battery is. For "Solar package" they add a panel , or 2 , and the inverter is installed on the ceiling of the front storage. Nice and simple.

Brian
          Just looking at the parts list on 310gk and a sub panel is listed, plus other parts. Would love to see a drawing.

Comment

Comment

Just looking at the parts list on 310gk and a sub panel is listed, plus other parts. Would love to see a drawing.
              This is all so new we didn't even get to see the sub-panel on the production line.

Download a copy of the Magnum CWS Series Inverter here: https://www.magnum-dimensions.com/si...ies%29_Web.pdf

Look on page 6 and you'll see the basic installation diagram. GD's mirrors this installation. (I'd post the diagram here but the image is copyrighted by Sensata Technologies so I won't do it without their permission.)

The $100,000 question is what's being powered from the sub-panel off the inverter. I don't know.

GDRV-Megan or GDRV-Emily can you tell us the components powered by the sub-panel on the trailers that have the Magnum inverter installed?
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
              2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

This is all so new we didn't even get to see the sub-panel on the production line.

Download a copy of the Magnum CWS Series Inverter here: https://www.magnum-dimensions.com/si...ies%29_Web.pdf

Look on page 6 and you'll see the basic installation diagram. GD's mirrors this installation. (I'd post the diagram here but the image is copyrighted by Sensata Technologies so I won't do it without their permission.)

The $100,000 question is what's being powered from the sub-panel off the inverter. I don't know.

GDRV-Megan or GDRV-Emily can you tell us the components powered by the sub-panel on the trailers that have the Magnum inverter installed?
                Howard,
                this is great thanks! I hope they reply. Great topic.

Comment

So by looking at the drawing whatever is in the sub panel is being powered by either solar or shore pwr. I assume there is a breaker in the main panel that provides the AC power from shore until the inverter is switched on?

Comment

Here is my concern with the layout in the diagram. The transfer switch they are using is 20 amp transfer switch. That means coming off the main panel is a single 20 amp circuit the goes the sub panel. That means all those items listed (microwave, couch, refer, outlets, etc.) are sourced from one 20 amp circuit. Unless I'm missing something in the drawing.
                    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
                    2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
                    2020 Momentum 351M
                    2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by OffToHavasu View Post
                      Here is my concern with the layout in the diagram. The transfer switch they are using is 20 amp transfer switch. That means coming off the main panel is a single 20 amp circuit the goes the sub panel. That means all those items listed (microwave, couch, refer, outlets, etc.) are sourced from one 20 amp circuit. Unless I'm missing something in the drawing.
                      Exactly why I want to know what they intend to power off that sub-panel!
                      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine

Comment

So by looking at the drawing whatever is in the sub panel is being powered by either solar or shore pwr. I assume there is a breaker in the main panel that provides the AC power from shore until the inverter is switched on?
                        I'm going to quibble with your wording for clarification--all solar does is charge batteries. The batteries provide power to the inverter which in turn runs 120vAC electrical devices.

It is a very important distinction to understand.

Garrett Towne, lead engineer at AMSolar, does a decent job of debunking solar myths in the video below. Worth your time to watch!

Note: I'm an AMSolar customer but have no other affiliation. Shoot, Garrett hasn't even sent me a t-shirt even after all the times I've linked his website!

Howard & Francine

Comment

Exactly why I want to know what they intend to power off that sub-panel!
                          I know. That's my original question way back when. Lol
                          Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
                          2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
                          2020 Momentum 351M
                          2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

I'm going to quibble with your wording for clarification--all solar does is charge batteries. The batteries provide power to the inverter which in turn runs 120vAC electrical devices.

It is a very important distinction to understand.

Garrett Towne, lead engineer at AMSolar, does a decent job of debunking solar myths in the video below. Worth your time to watch!

Note: I'm an AMSolar customer but have no other affiliation. Shoot, Garrett hasn't even sent me a t-shirt even after all the times I've linked his website!
                            Right I understand all that. Just looking to see how how the AC wiring is done.

Comment

I just sent this question off to my production contacts. I'll let you know when I hear back.

Comment

howson I am being told that all of the recepts are powered by the sub-panel on the trailers that have the Magnum inverter installed.

Comment

Working...
                                X