No announcement yet.

Super easy lifeP04 solar install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob R Bob, another trick you can use to help with battery consumption is to leave the TV and camper hooked together with the 7 way plug while setting up but after disconnecting the hitch. May not seem like a lot, but every little bit helps.

While out in west Texas with a damaged trailer, I would hook up the TV to the camper for about 45 min every day to recharge the battery just to keep the refrigerator up and running.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Thanks Joe, now that I have a working RV lead acid battery that I leave connected it is fully charged and only has the purpose of operating the jacks and is charged by the 7 pin. Other than that I can use the solar gen
      Bob & Beka Richards
      31MB Reflection - 2020
      Anderson Hitch
      ​​​​​​​F250 w/Godzilla and 10k tow package - 2022

Comment

Thanks for sharing Bob.

I have been looking at solar generators also and comparing the Titan to Bluetti. Bluetti looks pretty versatile and solid.
        Did you look at the AC200Max (has the 30Amp) plug and what made your decision for the model you have?

Jason & Brittany
        2022 Reflection 31MB

Comment

I actually purchased it before I purchased the 5th wheel to deal with being out of power because of hurricanes here in Florida… it was the lowest cost high quality solution. If I had purchased it just for the RV they now have more modular solutions that can be expanded way more than the 5k watts I have. The inverter I have has a peak momentary load of 4800 watts and it works on everything I have in the RV accept my larger a/c unit which I am sure would work with a soft start on it. Fortunately me pulling the wheels off it allowed me to fit the unit up right.
          This is still the cheapest way to get to 5k in a quality LifeP04 solution though… I got in on the crowd funding phase but you can purchase what I have for less the 6k including the 800watts of portable solar panels. You could install permanent panels for almost 300 dollars cheaper per panel.
          Last edited by Bob R; 03-22-2022, 08:10 PM.
          Bob & Beka Richards
          31MB Reflection - 2020
          Anderson Hitch

Comment

I am in the process of testing our new Bluetti AC200 and dual B300 system on our Grand Design. I have a 2022 XLS 22mle and I power it off a Bluetti AC200 system with two B300 3072 watts per bank battery bank for almost 6100 watts of power available. The AC200 has a TT30 shore power receptacle so I just run the power cable from the back of the trailer up through the hose drop thru in the pass through and plug it directly into my AC200 I have 5 Rich Solar 200 watt panels on tilting mounts on Unistrut on the roof and am going go discard the Furrion and replace it with a 330 watt residential panel. The combiner box is made from AM solar and is replacing the Furrion mess. All we do is boondock and the system works great so far. I will be dumping the batteries off the tongue and replacing them with an aluminum storage box to hold lightweight items like leveling block, hoses and etc. The Bluetti has two MPPT controllers inside and an TT30 30 amp receptacle and a 30amp 12V DC outlet also. Been testing the system for two weeks in the desert with rain storm and clouds and of course nice sunny days. Everything is working great
            Last edited by skipatroll; 03-26-2022, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by skipatroll View Post
              I am in the process of testing our new Bluetti AC200 and dual B300 system on our Grand Design. I have a 2022 XLS 22mle and I power it off a Bluetti AC200 system with two B300 3072 watts per bank battery bank for almost 6100 watts of power available. The AC200 has a TT30 shore power receptacle so I just run the power cable from the back of the trailer up through the hose drop thru in the pass through and plug it directly into my AC200 I have 5 Rich Solar 200 watt panels on tilting mounts on Unistrut on the roof and am going go discard the Furrion and replace it with a 330 watt residential panel. The combiner box is made from AM solar and is replacing the Furrion mess. All we do is boondock and the system works great so far. I will be dumping the batteries off the tongue and replacing them with an aluminum storage box to hold lightweight items like leveling block, hoses and etc. The Bluetti has two MPPT controllers inside and an TT30 30 amp receptacle and a 30amp C outlet also. Been testing the system for two weeks in the desert with rain storm and clouds and of course nice sunny days. Everything is working great
              This is exactly what I was referring to in my last post… you have the ability to distribute the weight better than I.
              Bob & Beka Richards
              31MB Reflection - 2020
              Anderson Hitch

Comment

Working...
              X