Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Furrion charge controller keeps changing from Lithium to Sealed by itself.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ccreed View Post

I can confirm that it is the Furoin 50 AMP MPPT I have done some additional testing and can verify the unit has a loss of power when the solar panel is covered. and looking at the wiring on it that makes sense. I would assume the unit needs to keep minimal power even when there is no sun to keep the unit from factory resetting. Can some one correct me if this assumption is not correct?

Contacted Lippert and went through more steps with them.
    "

Thank you for contacting Lippert Customer Care Center. It was a pleasure speaking with you.

Case #, has been created in response to your call. This number will be used in all communications regarding your case; please reference this number in the event you need to call us. If you prefer to email us, simply reply to this email.

Thank you.

As stated the picture you posted is of the standard Progressive Dynamics converter. I can confirm this as I have 0 solar in our Reflection 303RLS and the converter is similar.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	244
Size:	940.4 KB
ID:	121498
    Also as mentioned the furrion MPPT have been know to have issues with reverting back to FLA overnight, even when following the instructions of discharging the battery to XXX voltage, then setting as Li and recharging. The solution seems to be that Furrion has updated the firmware on the newer units to correct this but updating the firmware is not a user serviceable function.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
    X