Flag pole mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flag pole mount

I have been looking for options to mount a flag pole holder. I have one that was on our house and planning on using it. Ordered some magnets with the intention of adding those to the holder and then sticking it to the pin box so that way could just remove it and stow when traveling. Magnets were not strong enough to hold it just testing it out on the side of the deep freezer. Other option is to drill holes through the pin box, and mount it with nuts, bolts, and washers. Flag pole holder is one the cast iron heavy 2 position ones, I know I could buy a different one and have seen the Harbor Freight suction cup handle method, but just trying to use what I already have. Any and all suggestions appreciated.
    Craig & Theresa
    2022 Ford F350, SRW, CCSB, 7.3L, 4.30 rear axle, Lariat Ultimate, 4x4, Ford Pro Trailer Backup Assist, factory gooseneck 5th wheel prep package
    New to us 2021 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS using a B&W Companion slider hitch

Originally posted by cnote72 View Post
    I have been looking for options to mount a flag pole holder. I have one that was on our house and planning on using it. Ordered some magnets with the intention of adding those to the holder and then sticking it to the pin box so that way could just remove it and stow when traveling. Magnets were not strong enough to hold it just testing it out on the side of the deep freezer. Other option is to drill holes through the pin box, and mount it with nuts, bolts, and washers. Flag pole holder is one the cast iron heavy 2 position ones, I know I could buy a different one and have seen the Harbor Freight suction cup handle method, but just trying to use what I already have. Any and all suggestions appreciated.
    I realize not 100% applicable to what you're asking, but check out https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterior/8732-flagpoles for a previous conversation on this topic.

Others will have additional options, I'm sure, that are more in line with what you're requesting.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Could you have someone weld to yours so it could mount to the receiver on the back?
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

howson Thanks for the link. I searched and got 5 results, but maybe didn’t use the right wording in my search. Last post by Cate&Rob is pretty much what I’m kind of thinking, except I have a Duravolt charging panel on the top of the pin box and was thinking of mounting to the side of the pin box. Is there any reason I shouldn’t drill 3 small holes in the side of the pin box?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	D06852FD-50EF-4353-90E1-F16BA4BFA36B.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	109298
        Craig & Theresa
        2022 Ford F350, SRW, CCSB, 7.3L, 4.30 rear axle, Lariat Ultimate, 4x4, Ford Pro Trailer Backup Assist, factory gooseneck 5th wheel prep package
        New to us 2021 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS using a B&W Companion slider hitch

Comment

cnote72 -- As I have a travel trailer, I'm going to defer your question to those that own 5vrs. Country Campers?

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

cnote72

I do not see any reason why you could not drill a few small holes in the side of the pin box.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
            X