• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Momentum toy hauler ramp.

hi rvers
    i have a grand Design momentum.
    And I am having trouble with the ramp in the back toy hauler
    Slip resistant. Flooring has come up buckled up water got in there. Grand to sign says they don't cover anything like that.

Welcome to the forum brucestar32 You placed this post in the new members introduction channel, which is meant to be a place to say hello and introduce yourself. I have moved your post to the exterior channel, and I am sure someone with some experience will be by to try and help.

In the meanwhile below is a link to our welcome letter with some information for new members on how to use the forum so you can have a better experience.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Since no one else has responded, brucestar32, I give it a try.

First, some information on year and model of your Momentum would be useful. Neil provided the link to the welcome letter in his response, which will help you set up your signature block where most of us include this information. Other useful information would be if you use the door as a deck.

So, let us consider water first. Water getting inside the door indicates a path for the water somewhere (I know, obvious statement). Any repairs must address this water path be it an unsealed screw hole, or bent flange. Might even want to check and see if the door is bowed along the top rail. How you use the door, just as a ramp or as deck, will play into were the leak could come from.

Now, is it just the slip resistant flooring that is coming loose and buckling, or is it the underlayment? If just the flooring, I would consider this a fairly low skill DIY project: Remove the trim around the edges. Remove the old flooring and clean the substrate. Lay down new flooring using adhesive and hand roller. Fill in the old screw holes (don't trust the old holes to hold the screws). Put the trim back on using generous amounts of silicone along edges and at screw holes.

If the substrate is separating from the core of the door, or you find mold in the substrate after removing the flooring, this may also be a low skill DIY, but the magnitude has increased, in that you are now repairing a structural element of the door. The basic steps will be the same as above with the addition of removing the old substrate and putting down new.

Again, the key to this repair is identifying how the water got in in the first place and making sure it can't happen again.

Good luck
      John
      2018 Momentum 395M
      2018 Ram 3500 Dually
      Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Working...
      X