Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LSM View Post
    Good Morning:

I would like to thank everyone for their comments. I sprayed the dead bolt lock key hole with a silicon based lubricant and let sit for 3 days. The ambient temperature dropped from near 90 to the low 70's. The dead bolt key turned freely in both directions and the entry door opened. I don't know if the silicon based lubricant or the lower temperature or a combination of each fixed the problem. I removed the lock and cleaned and lubricated the lock mechanism using a teflon dry lube. All the screws were tight as should be.

This issue remains a mystery. Going forward I am not going to lock the dead bolt from outside the camper. Enjoy the summer season.
    Now that you have it open take a file to the striker plate dead bolt opening and bevel the edges to give it a little more clearance.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

This topic hits too close to home, but I'm thankful for it. After returning from the dealership yesterday for the second attempt of them fixing a cracked skylight, we found that we could not get into either door and the deadbolt key cylinder came out with the key on one of them. It has been pretty hot here in NC and the trailer is not stored real level. I will go back out and try a good lubricant and level the trailer to see if any of that helps. As far as the lock cylinder coming out, that I don't know how to fix. Hopefully the dealership will just send me a new door mechanism and I can replace it instead of another 45 min drive to the dealership. Not likely, but maybe. Thanks for everyone's thoughts on this topic, it should be useful.

Comment

Carter Can you post a picture of the cylinder? You might try pulling the mechanism out of the door and seeing if a screw or clip fell off. There is probably little to hold the cylinder in place.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...2&opi=89978449 quick search, compare to your lock and see if it's something that simple that is jammed or damaged.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Just towed our new Imagine 17 MKE home from Phoenix (100 degrees) to Pinetop (7,000 ft & 68 degrees) and couldn’t get the door to open! It was even a little difficult to open on the walk through. Will try the suggestions posted here this morning! Wish us luck.
          Brad & Christie
          2024 Imagine XLS 22MLE
          2022 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4L V8
          Weigh Safe Middleweight WD

Comment

Try graphite lock lubricant. I have a similar problem with my entry door deadbolt and one of my pass through slam latches- a little of the dry powdered graphite sprayed in and I’m good for a couple of more months. I had always been told by locksmiths to never use oil or WD40 on locks - only graphite. The oil can gum them up.
            Eddie & Kathy
            2021 Imagine 2970RL
            2019 Ram 2500 Laramie Mega Cab 4x4 Cummins 6.7L
            Houston, TX

Comment

Originally posted by Ebkent62 View Post
              Try graphite lock lubricant. I have a similar problem with my entry door deadbolt and one of my pass through slam latches- a little of the dry powdered graphite sprayed in and I’m good for a couple of more months. I had always been told by locksmiths to never use oil or WD40 on locks - only graphite. The oil can gum them up.
              TC27 Be very careful when using any spray lubricant in the door latch. Most of the stuff will dissolve the foam in the door, especially PB products.. To find out if its the lock sticking or the door frame, get some white-out and mark the edge of one frame and close the door and open. You should be able to see the contact points. Also check the screw heads in the latch *both sides"

And welcome to our group here. Please read the welcome letter if you haven't done so already
              2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

You can rent or buy one of the “yellow” re- keys for removing and replacing the Global Link lock cylinders. I bought one from E-bay for $30 or you can rent one from the link below when you buy new lock cylinders (they just charge your credit card $50 and credit it back when you return the yellow key). Really easy to replace the cylinders. I did away with the master key cylinder at the top and replaced it with the same cylinder as the lower deadbolt lock. Great to deal with and they ship quickly. If you have any questions, they’re happy to answer.

Re-key tool https://www.rvlocksandmore.com/Rekey-Took-Rental

Non-mastered cylinder. https://www.rvlocksandmore.com/KC-SNM_2
                Eddie & Kathy
                2021 Imagine 2970RL
                Houston, TX

Comment

You can buy a “yellow” re-key key on Amazon for $17.24

https://www.amazon.com/Creative-Prod...cx_mr_hp_atf_m

​​​​​​​​
                  Eddie & Kathy
                  2021 Imagine 2970RL
                  Houston, TX

Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Leveling the RV seemed to do the trick. I’ll make a small adjustment to the striker plate which should take care of future issues. Thanks again & yes I did read the welcome letter.
                    Brad & Christie
                    2024 Imagine XLS 22MLE
                    2022 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4L V8
                    Weigh Safe Middleweight WD

Comment

Working...
                    X