Coroplast removal / reinstall advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coroplast removal / reinstall advice

Getting ready to open up the underbelly a little to install some wiring. I'm looking at opening it up on the passenger side from just in front of the wheels to about the drop frame area. Any good advice on opening up this way and reinstallation? Also, what type of sealer (if any) should be used?
    Jim & Kathy
    2022 Imagine 2600RB
    2022 RAM 1500 Limited Longhorn, Hemi e-Torque, 3:92,
    trailer tow pkg, 4x air suspension, TT TPMS.

You can take a few screws loose and reach or look in to work, then do the same elsewhere to minimize how much you need to take loose. The more you take loose, the more of it that’s in the way and the harder it is to put back. Only needs to be sealed where there are penetrations. Factory uses a silicon sealer and Boring-Smith foam. Minimizing what you drop also reduces what needs to be sealed.
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

A trick to get it back in place is a long 2x4 and a jack to raise the coroplast against the frame (take any bow out so it is flat). Then using an owl gently work the holes back into position so you cane reuse the screws.
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

The silicone the factory uses is Silco RTV 7500, at least that is what they sent me.
        Scott & Mikaela
        2022 375 RES
        2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
          A trick to get it back in place is a long 2x4 and a jack to raise the coroplast against the frame (take any bow out so it is flat). Then using an owl gently work the holes back into position so you cane reuse the screws.
          You can also use clamps to position the 2x4 into place along the frame. I found this easier than trying to position jacks.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks everyone for the insight on this. I figured it would not be easy to reinstall and knew that a few good tips could be had here. Appreciate the responses.
            Jim
            Jim & Kathy
            2022 Imagine 2600RB
            2022 RAM 1500 Limited Longhorn, Hemi e-Torque, 3:92,
            trailer tow pkg, 4x air suspension, TT TPMS.

Comment

I'm hoping you can advise me how to train an owl to lift and hold the coroplast!
              2020 Solitude 2930RL S-Class

Comment

steve gravelle I think autocorrect got him. I think he meant AWL not OWL to help align the existing holes in the coroplast and the frame.
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Certainly but I'd love to see a video of that owl working!
                  2020 Solitude 2930RL S-Class

Comment

Posting link for the Boring-Smith foam: https://boringsmith.com/p/convenienc...t-p8hhjq69b94a its $9.68 for 24oz; I don't know what the shipping cost is though. Also this will need a special applicator gun.

I read somewhere not to use the Home Depot expanding foam (GREAT STUFF Gaps and Cracks, LOCTITE or similar) where there is vibration or exposure to sun. Supposedly it can get brittle very quickly. However someone else said in a post here that they used it with no problem. In any case GD apparently uses Boring-Smith.

I could not find the Boring-Smith anywhere with a google search. Another option may be https://www.amazon.com/Great-Stuff-9...36&sr=8-1&th=1
                    or http://Great Stuff 99054816 Black 12 oz Multipurpose Insulating Foam Sealant
                    These appear to be specifically made for RVs.

DAP makes a product as well: https://www.amazon.com/40440-Landsca...66&sr=8-4&th=1

I also ran across "Touch N Seal Black UV-Resistant Polyurethane Gun Foam Spray Sealant" in my searching.

I still don't know what I'm going to get but thought I'd post for the benefit of others.

Earl
                    2022 Imagine 22RBE
                    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee (5.7L V-8 MDS VVT)
                    Anderson 3350 WDH w/ Redarc TowPro EBRH-ACCV3

Comment

Working...
                    X