awning that wont close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• awning that wont close

we have a collapsing rear awning on our grand design 2021 momentium 395, and it wont close all the way

Does it appear to be binding mechanically. Do you hear the motor running? Will it extend (indicates the fuse is good)?

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

jim
      ty for the response, the motor runs, it will open and close, just not all the wy..

Comment

If the awning moves at all then I'm with TucsonJim that there is binding. Most likely in the arms or at the hinge points. Most likely need to get closer look and hands-on the arms. With two people, one can watch/listen for binding/rubbing while the other operates the awning. DO NOT do the hands-on part with the awning in motion. Make any adjustments with the awning at full stopped and no fingers near the switch.
        John
        2018 Momentum 395M
        2018 Ram 3500 Dually
        Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

thank you.. ill try that

Comment

i lubed all the joints, extended and retracted it several times, same result.. i got up close, did hear os see any binding. it seems to reach some sort of limit switch??

Comment

Originally posted by Mtrozera View Post
              i lubed all the joints, extended and retracted it several times, same result.. i got up close, did hear os see any binding. it seems to reach some sort of limit switch??
              Do you know the make and model of the awning? I tried to find it with the resources I have but am having difficult figuring it out.
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
              2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

This sure is a head scratcher. Do you have the awning make and model available? I'd like to do some research to see if there is a known issue and how to resolve it.

Jim
                Jim and Ginnie

Comment

This may be a Girard awning which is owned by Lippert. If so, there is a process to adjust the in and out limit switches. See page 27 of the attached document on how to perform this task if applicable.

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0006106.pdf

Jim
                  Jim and Ginnie

Comment

it is a freedom wm . i downloaded the service manual, and adjusted the limit switch. done!

Comment

heres the shot
                      Attached Files

Comment

thank you all for the efforts!

Comment

thank you all for the efforts!
                          Terrific! And thanks for reporting on the solution. For any other owners, here's the manual on that awning and how to adjust the limit switch.

https://catalog.carefreeofcolorado.c...ice-Manual.pdf

Jim
                          Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Working...
                          X