What is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this?

There is a connector that looks like it connects to a tire shrader valve that comes out of the I beam. There is a hole in the side of the exterior that gives access to it. Does anyone know what this is?
    2021 Transcend 321BH Xplor
    static, not towed

Manual slide movement
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Scott'n'Wendy is spot on. If your motor or battery ever fail, you can manually crank the slide out.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

what does the crank handle look like? I bought this used and there was no manual pouch or anything else.
        static, not towed

Comment

Originally posted by sgtmark View Post
          what does the crank handle look like? I bought this used and there was no manual pouch or anything else.
          If your unit didn't come with a crank handle, you can just use a socket, extension, and ratchet. Make sure the extension is long enough to go from the bolt head and through the hole in the skirting. You could also use an electric impact driver, but go be careful you don't hit the end and over torque.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

This snip from a Lippert (the slide's OEM) manual shows how it may look:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	104.6 KB ID:	122326

There are also versions with a "U" in the long shaft.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

The tool should be gold in color and have a 3/4" socket welded to one end, similar to what is pictured above.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Depending on the unit, the manual handle may be in a set of "clips" on the wall or roof of the storage compartment.

The slide usually extends on the opposite side from the over ride location.
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

This snip from a Lippert (the slide's OEM) manual shows how it may look:

Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	104.6 KB ID:	122326

There are also versions with a "U" in the long shaft.
                  And my skirting has no hole. I think I've read some are missing the hole. One of my "some day" tasks. Put a hole in the skirting.
                  Terry and Patty (Dogs-Sophie and Tessa)
                  2020 Reflection 297RSTS - bought Oct 2019
                  2021 F350 crew cab, SRW, 6.7L diesel, 14K equal-i-zer hitch

Comment

Originally posted by trkester View Post

And my skirting has no hole. I think I've read some are missing the hole. One of my "some day" tasks. Put a hole in the skirting.
                    If it were me I'd leave it and in the rare occurance of needing it, lie on the ground to move the slide. Personally, I've never had to use the manual method.
                    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                    Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

We are missing a hole on the street side slide for the over ride. When I look where it would be, it's in the plastic fender skirt.

I got in the habit of extending or retracting the slides a bit each before fully deploying. I've had the Curb side "stick" a couple of times and just ratchet. To correct since the override is above and between the wheels, I extend the kitchen slide about 1' for clearance, then using either my ratchet or impact wrench, move the slide stuck slide about 3" then go back to using the auto. When I used the handle supplied, I believe I had to extend the kitchen slide about 3/4 of the way. Not extending Fully eliminated me needing to lay on the ground.

NOTE: The X-CHOCK wrench fits the override nut. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1 You could also use a gear wrench easily as well, just the chock wrench is already in the camper and usually in my hand about the same time.
                      Joseph
                      Tow
                      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Good to know about the x-chock wrench. I have x-chocks already. I'll combine Scott'n'Wendy and Jlawles2 approach for a good simple solution. .
                        Terry and Patty (Dogs-Sophie and Tessa)
                        2020 Reflection 297RSTS - bought Oct 2019
                        2021 F350 crew cab, SRW, 6.7L diesel, 14K equal-i-zer hitch

Comment

To fully deploy manually it's 100's of turns. I only use the wrench to break out the slide when it's stuck and needs Help getting started.
                          Joseph
                          Tow
                          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Please look at the picture again. there is a little threaded cap that might screw on to a tire air valve. nothing like what has been listed. it is not rigid like a bar. I will need to look inside to see if there is a shaft but it would be like a rotary tool extension shaft. quite small and bendable, semi-rigid.
                            static, not towed

Comment

Please look at the picture again. there is a little threaded cap that might screw on to a tire air valve. nothing like what has been listed. it is not rigid like a bar. I will need to look inside to see if there is a shaft but it would be like a rotary tool extension shaft. quite small and bendable, semi-rigid.
                              ???

The 321BH Transcend's one slideout is made by Lippert and is called an electric Through Frame slide. It's easily identifiable in this YouTube walkaround video at the 15:55 mark: https://youtu.be/7jFGH5Ciqfk

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	837.5 KB ID:	122355

All of the documentation you'll ever want or need is available here: https://support.lci1.com/through-fra...c-slide-system
                              • Note there's no documentation difference between a 2x2, 2.5 x 2.5 or 2x3 slide.
                              As shown in the Lippert diagram below, the shaft (accessible through the hole on the door side of the camper) is the manual override. To my knowledge, the manual override is always on the side of the slide closest to the front of the trailer on the opposite side of the slide (again, as shown below).

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	385.5 KB ID:	122356

What's shown in post 1 is exactly what an owner should expect to see when looking for the manual override of a Through Frame slideout. Whether the previous owner retained (and passed on to you) the OEM provided wrench/tool is another matter completely. If it's that important to you to have one, a replacement can likely be procured from Lippert (LCI). (As mentioned in this thread already, in a "got to move it" scenario dropping the coroplast and using a standard socket wrench will do the work, too. Read the manuals on the LCI site linked above to fully understand.)

Howard
                              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                              X