Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodent/Pest Prevention

Hi,

I'll be keeping our 2910BH that we recently bought outside on our ranch/remote property where we dry camp. All the gaps/openings have been filled in with foam filler, but wondering if I should screw in hard cloth/mesh to the bottom of trailer as well to ensure rodents/raccoons don't chew holes through the black layer/underbelly of the trailer to nest in between the underbelly and the frame/trailer floor. Any thoughts or other suggestions?

thanks!

Sounds exhausting. Would fencing/skirting around the rig work? To deter burrowing under the fencing/skirting, run the material out a couple of feet onto the ground and then cover with gravel/sand/ dirt. Most burrowers will try to dig at the base of the fencing/skirting, and won't be able to figure out that they need back up before digging.
    John
    2018 Momentum 395M
    2018 Ram 3500 Dually
    Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

You know the critters in your area. If you think you need the mesh protection, then most likely you will. Not easy to implement, but very effective. I also suggest flying insect screens over the furnace and other vents. One mud dobber nest on a furnace fan will make you think the world is about to end.

https://www.amazon.com/RVGUARD-Stain...1zcF9hdGY&th=1 look on the MFG website to figure out which ones you need.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

I use copper mesh in vent openings and larger gaps. (Also use it for vents around the house.)

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B075SX3TVN?...roduct_details

I used this spray product on the underside of a previous trailer... I didn't have further mice problems, but I can't say it was because of this stuff.

https://mouse-free.com/products/1-gallon-jug

Mike
        Mike & Sonya
        2017 Silverado 1500, 5.3, Tow Pkg, RAS
        Blue Ox SwayPro
        2021 2400BH (DeBunked)

Comment

Originally posted by Musco View Post
          Hi,

I'll be keeping our 2910BH that we recently bought outside on our ranch/remote property where we dry camp. All the gaps/openings have been filled in with foam filler, but wondering if I should screw in hard cloth/mesh to the bottom of trailer as well to ensure rodents/raccoons don't chew holes through the black layer/underbelly of the trailer to nest in between the underbelly and the frame/trailer floor. Any thoughts or other suggestions?

thanks!
          Interesting. I just had a squirrel do exactly that a couple weeks ago. Chewed through the underside to get into the trailer. Took care of my problem a powder actuated device. But to ensure other squirrels don't get the same idea....maybe your mesh idea would work. Hmmm
          2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
          Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Working...
          X