Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screeching window

Hi All!
    The rear window in our 303RLS screeches when opening or closing. More so when closing. It seems to be the vertical seal between the two halves of the window. Anybody else have this?
    Anybody have a resolution?
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    Hi All!
    The rear window in our 303RLS screeches when opening or closing. More so when closing. It seems to be the vertical seal between the two halves of the window. Anybody else have this?
    Anybody have a resolution?
    Haven't tried this myself, but worth a try?

https://3inone.com/product/3-in-one-...rack-dry-lube/

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	144
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	124094
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Scott. On our 297, the rear window screeched terribly. We tried the product Howard recommends, and it made little difference. After five years of ownership, I finally figured it out. When you open the window and slide it, the latch was dragging on the glass. If I held the latch in the out position while moving the window, the screeching was gone. I can't believe it was that simple.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
        Scott. On our 297, the rear window screeched terribly. We tried the product Howard recommends, and it made little difference. After five years of ownership, I finally figured it out. When you open the window and slide it, the latch was dragging on the glass. If I held the latch in the out position while moving the window, the screeching was gone. I can't believe it was that simple.

Jim
        Go figure, Jim! I will try that. I always thought it was the track the glass slid in. I tried meticulous cleaning of the track and an assortment of lube sprays... drives me nuts.

Mike
        Mike & Sonya
        2017 Silverado 1500, 5.3, Tow Pkg, RAS
        Blue Ox SwayPro
        2021 2400BH (DeBunked)

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

Jim
          I will try that first Jim, I like it....it's free....lol
          2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
          Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

TucsonJim is right, that is what was going on with my window in the 303rls. Have to pull the latch while sliding window.
            Vivian
            2018 Reflection 303rls
            Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
            Demco Recon

Comment

I've had a few windows that make noise over the years. Never thought about the latch, just figured the noise was part of normal operation. I do try to keep the felt runners sprayed with a clear dry lube to assist in ensuring they open and close with less effort.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Haven't tried this myself, but worth a try?

https://3inone.com/product/3-in-one-...rack-dry-lube/

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	144
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	124094
                We use on all of our windows about quarterly. Works well.
                Kevin and Deb Reeder, 2021 Reflection 320 MKS, IS, 1050W Solar, Battleborne 400 Amps, Victron Multiplus and Solar, Renogy DC-DC Charger
                2018 F-350 SRW Diesel long bed Platinum edition

Comment

Working...
                X