RV Roof Tape Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RV Roof Tape Recommendations

I need a couple of short pieces of RV roof tape to secure some of my solar wiring. In the past, I've used Eternabond, but the adhesive on the roll I had appeared to be thick in some places and nearly non-existent in others. Today I did a search for 2" by 50' white roof tape. Here are a few of the choices that scored 4.5 or more stars:

XFasten - $12.99
    EternaBond - $45.49
    Paulinn - $16.99
    Kohree - $16.99
    Welluck - $15.25
    Fast Seal - $19.99
    E-SDS - $18.99

Have any of you used any of these brands and would you recommend them? Do you have another brand you'd recommend?

Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

I used this once when I couldn’t find any etrnabond. It seems to hold up well on the roof. I also used it to cover the holes in my chloroplast where the old battery boxes vented. It is also holding up well.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gorilla-...5/311042860​
    Scott & Mikaela
    2022 375 RES
    2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

I just use what ever Chris had in his trailer, hehe.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

And the crazy thing is I only need about 4-6 inches off the fifty foot roll.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Instead of buying tape, why not use some dicor or similar. Thats what i did when i installed my solar. I really hated to pitch some old part tubes of non self leveling so i used them up to hold my MC cables in place

Comment

Originally posted by RPAspey View Post
            Instead of buying tape, why not use some dicor or similar. Thats what i did when i installed my solar. I really hated to pitch some old part tubes of non self leveling so i used them up to hold my MC cables in place
            Shouldn't use dicor on a tpo roof. But....I don't know why. So Lippert can sell more Alpha sealant?
            2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
            2021 303RLS
            Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Originally posted by RPAspey View Post
              I did something similar. Attached "stickies" to the roof that hold zip ties. After securing the cables I buried the zip tie and "sticky" in sealant.
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
              2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
                I need a couple of short pieces of RV roof tape to secure some of my solar wiring. In the past, I've used Eternabond, but the adhesive on the roll I had appeared to be thick in some places and nearly non-existent in others. Today I did a search for 2" by 50' white roof tape. Here are a few of the choices that scored 4.5 or more stars:

XFasten - $12.99
                EternaBond - $45.49
                Paulinn - $16.99
                Kohree - $16.99
                Welluck - $15.25
                Fast Seal - $19.99
                E-SDS - $18.99

Have any of you used any of these brands and would you recommend them? Do you have another brand you'd recommend?
                I've seen 4"X10' rolls of EternaBond roof tape at Wallmart and on line.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Eternabon...2?from=/search
                2023 Imagine XLS 23LDE, 2022 Ford F-150 Super Crew Cab STX, Curt TruTrac hitch, Curt TriFlex brake controller, AMTIFO rear view camera, Tymate TPMS.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post

Shouldn't use dicor on a tpo roof. But....I don't know why. So Lippert can sell more Alpha sealant?
                  Yeah thats what i meant but i could only think of Dicor at the time. Its been a long day.

Comment

White Gorilla tape.
                    Theres a video of tape test on rv roofs.
                    The Gorilla tape won. 5 years in place over eternabond.
                    USN Engineer Retired
                    2020 RAM 2500 CC 6.7 Cummins
                    2022 GD Reflection 315RLTS

Comment

EternaBond - my dealer used 30ft strips to cover the seam between the roofing material and each gutter rail. After a year the tape looks like new, no lifting edges, and no water leaks. Also, the dealer sells it by the foot. (A great dealer sure makes a difference!)

Mike
                      Mike & Sonya
                      2017 Silverado 1500, 5.3, Tow Pkg, RAS
                      Blue Ox SwayPro
                      2021 2400BH (DeBunked)

Comment

Originally posted by markandkim View Post
                        White Gorilla tape.
                        Theres a video of tape test on rv roofs.
                        The Gorilla tape won. 5 years in place over eternabond.
                        I watched the video's on the test, and the Gorilla tape sure seemed to work and age well. And they sell a 10 foot strip of it on Amazon. Thanks.

Jim
                        Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Working...
                        X