New Entry Door Lock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Entry Door Lock?

I want to change out entry door lock. I found a RVLock model which has two fobs. Lippert has a bluetooth lock with fobs that will fit also. They are just about the same price.

Which one works best?​
    Raymond and Dee Dee
    2024 Reflection 296 RDTS
    2023 Chevrolet 2500HD

Make sure you check the footprint of the new lock. I remember a thread where the new lock didn't completely cover the hole in the door from the original lock. And the aftermarket lock company said to fill the hole with silicone. Didn't seem like a secure suggestion to me.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    2021 303RLS
    Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Originally posted by reubenray View Post
      I want to change out entry door lock. I found a RVLock model which has two fobs. Lippert has a bluetooth lock with fobs that will fit also. They are just about the same price.

Which one works best?​
      No experience (or even seen) the Lippert version. However, as a general rule electronics from Lippert are...um...well...not stellar. I have RVLocks on the main door of my rig and all three storage doors. Except for the nuisance of having to replace batteries on occasion (and replacing the face numbers sticker 'cause the sun obliterates it) I like it. RVLock even has a bluetooth version now, though I am unfamiliar with that product.

If you get and use the Lippert version (or bluetooth RVLock), please post your impression of the product.

Howard
      Last edited by howson; 04-16-2024, 12:48 PM.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

No experience (or even seen) the Lippert version. However, as a general rule electronics from Lippert are...um...well...not stellar. I have RVLocks on the main door of my rig and all three storage doors. Except for the nuisance of having to replace batteries on occasion (and replacing the face numbers sticker 'cause the sun obliterates it) I like it. RVLock even has a bluetooth version now, though I am unfamiliar with that product.

If you get and use the Lippert version (or bluetooth RVLock), please post your impression of the product.

Howard
        I agree. I steer clear of Lippert/Furrion products whenever there is an alternative.
        Last edited by howson; 04-16-2024, 12:48 PM.
        2023 Imagine XLS 23LDE, 2022 Ford F-150 Super Crew Cab STX, Curt TruTrac hitch, Curt TriFlex brake controller, AMTIFO rear view camera, Tymate TPMS.

Comment

Thanks for the replies back. After having issues with the TireLinc TPMS I wanted to make sure the door lock was not snake bitten also. I will order something from RVLock when I get back home.
          Raymond and Dee Dee
          2024 Reflection 296 RDTS
          2023 Chevrolet 2500HD

Comment

I have had an RVLock since I bought my unit (2018). It has been great, I have had a couple issues and all were dealt with with no pushback at all. I had the decal with the numbers start to crack after several years, which is a part they sell for a modest cost. Earlier this year (after six years of use) the inside handle is held on by a pin that elongated its hole and started to fall out. I was able to push it back into place but eventually it would not stay. I emailed them and they sent me a new inside piece no questions asked. Then last week the electronics failed, it started making an odd noise and then stopped responding. I opened it up and found I pinched wire that was skinned that I think shorted out when I reassembled it. Again they sent me a new lock with no questions asked. We are part time, 6-8 months out of the year in the rig and the lock gets a lot of use, I am very happy with it and the support from the company.

I would recommend buying directly from them, my warranty only required my order number from my original purchase. I am sure there is a process to get warranty if you did not purchase from them, but it might be more complicated.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
            2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
            2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

I am on my second one of these in 10 years. I like being able to use my phone to unlock rather than a fob. Our first one we moved to 3 different rigs and then it finally died about 6 months ago, went with the same brand again as GD used the brand for all of the baggage doors and was able to match the key.
              https://bauerproducts.com/product/bauer-ne-bluetooth/
              Scott & Mikaela
              2022 375 RES
              2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

Which one works best?​
                We have had the RV lock for about three years with no problems. Was a perfect fit for our 320MKS. I just change the batteries as an annual precaution. Better safe than sorry
                Kevin and Deb Reeder, 2021 Reflection 320 MKS, IS, 1050W Solar, Battleborne 400 Amps, Victron Multiplus and Solar, Renogy DC-DC Charger
                2018 F-350 SRW Diesel long bed Platinum edition

Comment

RV Lock came out with a bluetooth option.

BT Pro+ – RVLock
                  Craig & Theresa
                  2022 Ford F350, SRW, CCSB, 7.3L, 4.30 rear axle, Lariat Ultimate, 4x4, Ford Pro Trailer Backup Assist, factory gooseneck 5th wheel prep package
                  New to us 2021 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS using a B&W Companion slider hitch

Comment

Thanks for the replies back. After having issues with the TireLinc TPMS I wanted to make sure the door lock was not snake bitten also. I will order something from RVLock when I get back home.
                    We too dumped the TireLinc after many issues. We have had the RVLock installed on main door for about three years now. As a prevention measure I simply change the AA batteries annually so I don't get caught with a dead door battery.
                    Kevin and Deb Reeder, 2021 Reflection 320 MKS, IS, 1050W Solar, Battleborne 400 Amps, Victron Multiplus and Solar, Renogy DC-DC Charger
                    2018 F-350 SRW Diesel long bed Platinum edition

Comment

Working...
                    X