Removing Stickers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Stickers

So my '24 23LDE had a bunch of what I'll call silly stickers instead of idiot lights. I've removed all of them that were really common sense except for this one, which was put on top of a decal. When I try to remove it, I can tell it's going to take the decal with it. Has anybody removed one of these successfully without damaging the decal?
    Chyrrl and Rich
    2024 XLS 23LDE
    Hamilton Township, NJ

Those are tough. The top sticker may be of a thicker material with good adhesive making it all but impossible to get it off of the bottom sticker.
    I don't think the risk is worth the benefit on that one.
    2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2024 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas with faux Allison 10 speed. Nellie the Diva, wonder boxer

Comment

Originally posted by familytruckster4 View Post
      Those are tough. The top sticker may be of a thicker material with good adhesive making it all but impossible to get it off of the bottom sticker.
      I don't think the risk is worth the benefit on that one.
      Yeah, that's kind of where I am right now. I don't know anything about decals, whether goo gone could be used on the sticker or heat could be applied...
      Chyrrl and Rich
      2024 XLS 23LDE
      Hamilton Township, NJ

Comment

I have removed a lot of stickers on trucks at work as well as my own trailers, I would not tackle your setup. Goo gone should only be used to remove the adhesive. If you put it on yours it would likely ruin both layers. If youre feeling adventurous you might try lifting a corner on the top sticker after the trailer has sat in the warm sun but the risk is high.
        2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2024 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas with faux Allison 10 speed. Nellie the Diva, wonder boxer

Comment

When we got our used 22 RBE, the back end was full of stickers. I used a heat gun to remove a couple that were put on over the decals. The heat warped the decal and melted the glue on the sticker. I didn't mind because I am going to put our stickers over the ones I removed. I also thought about removing the decals on the back because they are pretty small, but it wasn't worth the effort.
          John & Jurie

Caretakers for Coco and Daisy

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
          2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
          ​​​​​​​2021 Transcend 260RB
          2017 Jayco 26BH
          2020 Winnebago Micro Minnie 2108 FBS

Comment

I've used WD 40 to remove sticker residue. It may work to help remove stickers.
            Ted
            2021 Reflection 310RLS
            2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

I realize you do not like the stickers in place on your RV but if/when you sell it someday the next owner may need the guidance that these stickers provide. Some of these stickers, like the one you posted in the picture, are warning stickers. Just my thoughts.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                I realize you do not like the stickers in place on your RV but if/when you sell it someday the next owner may need the guidance that these stickers provide. Some of these stickers, like the one you posted in the picture, are warning stickers. Just my thoughts.

Brian
                I know, and there was one that actually useful and I kept it, but most of them were for Darwin award contestants. I don't remember what this sticker says, but it's something like WARNING - Only put water in the water tank... I don't feel the need to be constantly reminded of the obvious because some lawyer decided it was useful for litigation.
                Chyrrl and Rich
                2024 XLS 23LDE
                Hamilton Township, NJ

Comment

Originally posted by familytruckster4 View Post
                  I have removed a lot of stickers on trucks at work as well as my own trailers, I would not tackle your setup. Goo gone should only be used to remove the adhesive. If you put it on yours it would likely ruin both layers. If youre feeling adventurous you might try lifting a corner on the top sticker after the trailer has sat in the warm sun but the risk is high.
                  Yeah, I agree with what you're saying. Maybe I'll give it a shot when it's been in the sun for a while...
                  Chyrrl and Rich
                  2024 XLS 23LDE
                  Hamilton Township, NJ

Comment

Working...
                  X