Dometic Awning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dometic Awning

This is the first Dometic Awning I have used and am having trouble setting the pitch. The last Solera was just a simple pull down. Don`t want to break it but wander how you set the pitch.

If it's like mine, you pull down on the arm and tighten it into position with the black knob.

I had a CareFree anwning before and liked it much better than the Dometic with the knob. It always seems to be slipping loose.
    2019 Ford F250 Lariat Diesel
    2019 Reflection 315RLTS

Comment

The first three minutes of the attached video show how to pitch the Dometic brand awning. Remember to slightly loosen the pitch nut when putting the awning back in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_9QUgGynTs

Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks I have looked everywhere . I just wanted to make sure I didn`t break it by pulling down on it. Do y`all keep the black knobs tight or just snugged in regular uses.

Comment

Originally posted by Retired Copper View Post
          Thanks I have looked everywhere . I just wanted to make sure I didn`t break it by pulling down on it. Do y`all keep the black knobs tight or just snugged in regular uses.
          You may not have received an owner's manual for the Dometic awning when you purchased your rig. I was able to find it online. This is excellent reading material, and I found a couple of things I wasn't doing correctly.

https://liferebooted.net/life-reboot...g%20Manual.pdf
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

You may not have received an owner's manual for the Dometic awning when you purchased your rig. I was able to find it online. This is excellent reading material, and I found a couple of things I wasn't doing correctly.

https://liferebooted.net/life-reboot...g%20Manual.pdf
            Jim - thank you, for posting this. I did not get a manual when Micah sent a new Dometic awning to me and was installed by Jerry's team last spring when we had our walls replaced.

Seeing this also reminded me to ask you all to consider a Library section (a central source) where links to various sites for manuals, after market accessories, parts, etc. are posted Trying to find these links searching in various posts as the site grows will become tedious and futile.

Thanks, Jim

Dan
            Dan & Carol
            2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
            2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Originally posted by Canyonlight View Post

Jim - thank you, for posting this. I did not get a manual when Micah sent a new Dometic awning to me and was installed by Jerry's team last spring when we had our walls replaced.

Seeing this also reminded me to ask you all to consider a Library section (a central source) where links to various sites for manuals, after market accessories, parts, etc. are posted Trying to find these links searching in various posts as the site grows will become tedious and futile.

Thanks, Jim

Dan
              That's a great idea. GD could start with all of the appliance information and parts used.
              2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
              X