Shower skylight broke 2019 Reflection 337 RLS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shower skylight broke 2019 Reflection 337 RLS

Hello. Last trip something hit the shower skylight dome and shattered it. Interior white plastic part seems fine just the clear textured dome is shattered.

I have. 2019 Reflection 337 RLS.

what part do I need to order to replace this?

it seems that it just sits on the roof with the stuff to seal it on top??????

need part number and instructions on how to replace this please

Originally posted by Denis View Post
    Hello. Last trip something hit the shower skylight dome and shattered it. Interior white plastic part seems fine just the clear textured dome is shattered.
    I found this on the parts lookup on the Grand Design website. Is this it?
    https://granddesignrv.com/owner-supp...s/detail/33778

You can order it through your dealer.

As for how to replace the broken skylight? It looks like you remove the sealant and screws, screw the new skylight into place and re-seal. Pretty straightforward. Removing the sealant is a pain and takes a while but it's not difficult. Just time consuming.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
    2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

It will be much less $$$ if you get measurements of the current skylight and order one from a skylight retailer. Most of them have instructions on how to measure and change the part. Here's one for example:

https://www.eztopsworldwide.com/rvskylights.htm

In fact, I believe the skylights GDRV uses are a standard size, and if so, they are also sold on Amazon. For example, this 18" x 26" is $53. They also come in a dark tint if you want to change.

https://smile.amazon.com/Class-Custo...0641679&sr=8-3

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Only thing I'll add to Brian's ( bertschb 's) response is the sealant you'll want is made by Alpha. Self-leveling since you're working on a horizontal surface.

On Amazon this is know as "RecPro".
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Alpha self leveling.JPG
Views:	624
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	30311
        If you want to pick up locally at a Camping World, get SuperFlex (same thing, different label):

Name:	SuperFlex.JPG
Views:	590
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	30312
        Pay attention to the color choice! (There are different options.)
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by bertschb View Post

I found this on the parts lookup on the Grand Design website. Is this it?
          https://granddesignrv.com/owner-supp...s/detail/33778

You can order it through your dealer.

As for how to replace the broken skylight? It looks like you remove the sealant and screws, screw the new skylight into place and re-seal. Pretty straightforward. Removing the sealant is a pain and takes a while but it's not difficult. Just time consuming.
          Yes that is the part. So looks like others have posted if standard size other options than GD ?

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
            Only thing I'll add to Brian's ( bertschb 's) response is the sealant you'll want is made by Alpha. Self-leveling since you're working on a horizontal surface.

On Amazon this is know as "RecPro".

Name:	Alpha self leveling.JPG
Views:	624
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	30311
            If you want to pick up locally at a Camping World, get SuperFlex (same thing, different label):

Name:	SuperFlex.JPG
Views:	590
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	30312
            Pay attention to the color choice! (There are different options.)
            Thanks. So either of those are good sealants?

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
              It will be much less $$$ if you get measurements of the current skylight and order one from a skylight retailer. Most of them have instructions on how to measure and change the part. Here's one for example:

https://www.eztopsworldwide.com/rvskylights.htm

In fact, I believe the skylights GDRV uses are a standard size, and if so, they are also sold on Amazon. For example, this 18" x 26" is $53. They also come in a dark tint if you want to change.

https://smile.amazon.com/Class-Custo...0641679&sr=8-3

Jim
              Thanks. So the gd site size 14x22. That site you listed seems to be better quality than the one it’d buy from grand design ? You have used them bscore

Comment

Thanks. So either of those are good sealants?
                They're the exact same sealant from Alpha Systems, just in different packaging.
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Thanks. So the gd site size 14x22. That site you listed seems to be better quality than the one it’d buy from grand design ? You have used them bscore
                  The skylight from Amazon is actually 14 x 22 "inside measurement". So that appears it would work great. I purchased one from Amazon back in 2012 when I broke one on my Keystone trailer. It seemed to be pretty good quality.

I'm planning on replacing both of my skylights with the Amazon tinted version just as soon as it cools off enough here in Arizona to get on the roof.

Jim
                  Jim and Ginnie
                  2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
                  GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                  GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
                    I'm planning on replacing both of my skylights with the Amazon tinted version just as soon as it cools off enough here in Arizona to get on the roof.
                    Definitely interested in reading how that goes, Jim.

Comment

Working...
                    X