Outside TV Mount location on a Reflection 2021 303rls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outside TV Mount location on a Reflection 2021 303rls

I'd like to add a TV mount to the outside of my 2021 303rls. Other trailer manufactures include a TV mount plate or a backer on the exterior wall of many of their trailers. Is there a safe location on the outside of the 303rls to attach a TV mount?
    Jesse & Anita
    2021 Reflection 303rls
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500, Duramax long bed SRW

Hi Jesse4, and welcome to the forum.

GDRV does not mount a dedicated TV backer on the exterior walls of the 303. However, they do mount sheet metal in various places for items like the awnings, etc. These are easy to find by using a strong magnet on the side of the RV. If the magnet sticks, you can anticipate that there is sheet metal under the skin.

Another option that many owners have done is mount a pivoting TV mount on a wall inside the basement storage. When you get camp set up, simply open the storage door and swing/pivot the TV out for viewing. You probably already have a coax connector on the passenger side of the RV in the basement.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks for the welcome to the forum Jim, and thanks for your reply to my question.

Do you happen to know if the walls in the basement are strong enough to hold a TV mount without reinforcement? Or will I need to back them so that a TV mount has something to be screwed into?

Cheers,
      Jesse
      Jesse & Anita
      2021 Reflection 303rls
      2020 Chevy Silverado 3500, Duramax long bed SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse4 View Post
        Thanks for the welcome to the forum Jim, and thanks for your reply to my question.

Do you happen to know if the walls in the basement are strong enough to hold a TV mount without reinforcement? Or will I need to back them so that a TV mount has something to be screwed into?

Cheers,
        Jesse
        I'm going to defer to Rob on this one. Although his 303 is a 2015, I'll bet the walls are the same. Cate&Rob

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Jesse4

Welcome to our owners technical forum.

The usual place to mount an external TV on a 303 is on a swing arm from the pass through storage area. There should be power and coax connection in the aft right (door side) corner.

There are a few things to consider. Keep the mount to the small wall closest to the door. The angled panel and the larger aft wall panel need to be removable for plumbing and electrical access. The small panel where the outlets are should be strong enough but might need a few reinforcing screws to the wood structure behind it (supporting the stairs inside.) When selecting a swing arm, remember that the open entry door overlaps the storage opening. MORryde makes some excellent TV swing arms designed for RV use. They usually lock firmly in the folded position so that the TV can be left attached for travel.

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

We have seen a company that sells suction mounts for just about everything including TV's. I think we are going to go that route and see how it works. I have seen them at multiple RV shows
            Last edited by Fairpilot; 11-29-2020, 09:45 PM. Reason: forgot information

Comment

Originally posted by Fairpilot View Post
              We have seen a company that sells suction mounts for just about everything including TV's. I think we are going to go that route and see how it works. I have seen them at multiple RV shows
              Fairpilot,
              I noted this was your first post so I hope you'll check out the Welcome Letter to New Members https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members when you get a chance

Please report back with your experience using the "suction cups". TechnoRV recently offered one for an antenna I found interesting, but I've never had much luck with stuff like this--usually falls off at some point. https://www.technorv.com/suction-cup-antenna-mount-1/

Click image for larger version

Name:	TechnoRV.JPG
Views:	1156
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	36296
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Remember that if you bond (glue or suction cup) something to the outside layer of a laminate, the weakest point could become the bond within the layers of the laminate. I have seen plywood pulled apart by gluing something to the outer laminate with epoxy. At the other end of the spectrum, owners have reported Command strips pulling the surface off the interior walls. The glue used between the layers of the exterior wall may not be up to carrying the leveraged weight of a television even if the suction cup holds.

Rob
                Cate & Rob
                (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I like the basement storage idea

Comment

Working...
                  X