Awning Pulling Away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ncitro ,

Sorry, having trouble putting in the link. It shows up on my side prior to posting the reply but removes most of it when when posted. maybe you can cut and paste it from below.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...P2NQRBZG&psc=1
    Brian
    2017 Silverado 2500 HD diesel
    2018 Reflection 230RL

Comment

Originally posted by Retgw2 View Post
      ncitro ,

Sorry, having trouble putting in the link. It shows up on my side prior to posting the reply but removes most of it when when posted. maybe you can cut and paste it from below.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...P2NQRBZG&psc=1
      That worked great. Thanks!
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Got a rivet gun and have the rivits on order. Will the rivet pull the attachment rail in or do I have to push on the rail? Other thought was working a couple holes over from the end then to the outside....
        2018 337RLS
        720w solar, 100/50 scc 1500w psw 2 battleborn
        disc brakes, ems

Comment

Jims94vmx Rivet can do both. Depending on how much force is needed to pull the arm tight, the rivet may pull it up. I've personally had mixed results. When possible I clamp, sit on, or press the pieces together to get as much gap out as possible before sucking on the rivet.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jims94vmx View Post
            Got a rivet gun and have the rivits on order. Will the rivet pull the attachment rail in or do I have to push on the rail? Other thought was working a couple holes over from the end then to the outside....
            Jims94vmx
            Generally you will be pushing on the rivet gun with some force as you apply the rivet, so with that and the unique shape of these rivets the aluminum rail sucked in pretty easy for me. I also started several holes in and worked towards the end. Good Luck!
            Brian
            2017 Silverado 2500 HD diesel
            2018 Reflection 230RL

Comment

Thanks. Figured as much but thought I'd ask.
              2018 337RLS
              disc brakes, ems

Comment

Newbie to the site. I picked up a 2017 Imagine which we love. Just came back from a two week trip and have the same issue. Emailed back and forth with CS over the past week and they want me to take it in for a fabric alignment? Have never heard of this and been a RV owner for better part of 20 years. Getting the sense I am on my own, not much support. If any of you have some close PICs on the rivet repair I would appreciate that. Not going to spend the money going to a dealer for something this simple. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotdogs View Post
                  Newbie to the site. I picked up a 2017 Imagine which we love. Just came back from a two week trip and have the same issue. Emailed back and forth with CS over the past week and they want me to take it in for a fabric alignment? Have never heard of this and been a RV owner for better part of 20 years. Getting the sense I am on my own, not much support. If any of you have some close PICs on the rivet repair I would appreciate that. Not going to spend the money going to a dealer for something this simple. Thanks in advance.
                  Mine wound up not needing rivets, the screws were all tight. My track was actually bent up a little (it's pretty thin metal) exposing done of the sealant behind the rail. It's still tight and sealed at the top, so water can't penetrate. Must have bent up in a bit of wind at some point.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
                  2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                  2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

I had 1 hole with no screw, 4 stripped and quite a few needed a 1/4 turn to snug. I still see some small gap at bottom on the ends underneath. Not as bad. But no gaps on top of the rail.

Used 5 of the rivets.
                    2018 337RLS
                    disc brakes, ems

Comment

Thanks for the quick response and PIC, as you can see from mine it is attached by the gutter and pulling it away as well.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X