RV Shade ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RV Shade ?

Anyone have experience with this product? https://www.shaderv.com/ Saw a couple on TTs over the weekend. They look like they would certainly help in the summer. And seem to be reasonable in price. I am not looking to completely cover my RV as when it is home, I keep it plugged in.
    John and Lori
    2018 F150 XLT SCAB 2.7l
    2021 Imagine 22MLE

I am thinking of pulling the trigger on this RV cover. Does anyone have experience with this shade cover?
    John and Lori
    2018 F150 XLT SCAB 2.7l
    2021 Imagine 22MLE

Comment

I would worry about the airflow for the A/C unit(s) but I could be wrong.
      Terry and Patty (Dogs-Sophie and Tessa)
      2020 Reflection 297RSTS - bought Oct 2019
      2021 F350 crew cab, SRW, 6.7L diesel, 14K equal-i-zer hitch

Comment

I'm having trouble believing the 70 mph wind resistance. Seen too many awnings, umbrellas, tents, and car covers turn turtle or even take flight. Even if the cover does hold up to 70 mph wind from any direction, what is it doing to roof where the intermediate supports rest between the tiedowns?
        John
        2018 Momentum 395M
        2018 Ram 3500 Dually
        Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

In the questions section, they advise not driving with the shade installed because it may damage the RV. Driving could mean wind from 25 to 65 mph. I would be concerned about any wind caused flutter causing damage wherever straps and buckles contact the rig.

It is a clever way to provide shade.
          Ted
          2021 Reflection 310RLS
          2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Another way to look at it: If it is so hot that you need to shade the roof, you've overstayed your welcome.
            John
            2018 Momentum 395M
            2018 Ram 3500 Dually
            Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

The roof of the RV has far more insulation than the walls or the slide boxes. Slide toppers provide a similar shade advantage for the tops of the slides. Do you have these already? It would seen that the roof cover would have little benefit when the entire (much less insulated) side of the RV is being heated by the sun. We try, whenever possible, to select a site with the front of the trailer to the north. This gives us the morning sun on our campsite side and the afternoon sun on the left side of the trailer where there are far fewer windows. Plus, our campsite is in the shade of the RV without using the awning.

Rob
              Cate & Rob
              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

My main purpose for purchase is to cover from the Texas sun when it is not in use. I was actually up on the roof yesterday washing it. I noticed several of the sealant cracking so I need to replace. I need to figure out what stuff to buy and how to replace/apply.
                John and Lori
                2018 F150 XLT SCAB 2.7l
                2021 Imagine 22MLE

Comment

Working...
                X