Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5th Wheel with full height Mach installed

Hi All,

not sure where to post this, to Exterior or to HVAC, but regardless was wondering if anyone that got the 2ND roof AC on their 5th wheel from the factory actually got a low profile or does GD always use a full height AC for the bedroom? I am not real happy with the overall height of the rig and now just have something else to worry about. With a full height AC in the front the overall rig height has increased a good deal. I have not done my official measurement as yet, but unofficially I know its less than 13'6" as its still on the roof after a couple of unexpected bridges in the Blue Ridge mountains. I have the 2022 28BH and was wondering if anyone has checked the height with the full size AC in the front? Thanks Al
    Al and Diane

2022 28BH - (6) Chins 100AH, MultiPlus 2, (2) 100/30CC, 1.4KW solar
    RAM 2019 2500 Cummins crew cab short bed
    PullRite SuperGlide

Originally posted by allenrude View Post
    Hi All,

not sure where to post this, to Exterior or to HVAC, but regardless was wondering if anyone that got the 2ND roof AC on their 5th wheel from the factory actually got a low profile or does GD always use a full height AC for the bedroom? I am not real happy with the overall height of the rig and now just have something else to worry about. With a full height AC in the front the overall rig height has increased a good deal. I have not done my official measurement as yet, but unofficially I know its less than 13'6" as its still on the roof after a couple of unexpected bridges in the Blue Ridge mountains. I have the 2022 28BH and was wondering if anyone has checked the height with the full size AC in the front? Thanks Al
    I know with supply shortages it's a tossup what anyone is getting for installed equipment, for a while they were not doing front AC at all. It would not surprise me if they were saving the low profile for the taller solitudes and Momentums.

As to your height question I have the ultra low profile mach in my bedroom (self installed), and my measured height is just below 12'-6". The front AC is my tallest point.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by allenrude View Post
      Hi All,

Al
      I bought a height stick so I can check things, especially at campgrounds. Measure when hooked up for travel.
      https://www.truckntow.com/nsearch/?q...easuring+stick
      https://www.myteeproducts.com/load-h...iABEgI7bfD_BwE
      https://www.vevor.com/load-height-me...yABEgLUlvD_BwE

Keith
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Thanks Guys,

Neil, i know we have the same model coach just a couple years apart so was hoping that you would chime in with a measurement. My 28BH came with the optional AC installed so had no choice. On reflection would have rather added myself and gone your route. My hunch is that the full Mach adds another 6 inches to the overall height which puts me right at 13'. I better not over inflate my tires or i may lose the AC under a low bridge. Looks like i will have to get on the roof next time i am hitched and get an official height.

Also love the measuring stick idea. Great to take the guess work out.

Thanks for the feedback.

Al
        Al and Diane

PullRite SuperGlide

Comment

allenrude Thats why I thought I would weigh in even though mine is low profile. Keep in mind I have 15" wheels and yours probably has 16", and I switched to the SRE4000 Equalizer which raises my height a bit.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Interesting and you are correct. I do have the 16" wheels, so with your updates not a like compare. I will get a good measurement and let you know where we end up.

Thanks
            Al and Diane

PullRite SuperGlide

Comment

I have a 2021 303rls. I ordered the 2ed AC and it came with a full size. I park in a barn that has a full 14 ft roll up tall door. I put the rig and put AC under the door and was only 6 inch away.. So ya a little nerves when I drive the mountains

Comment

I need to re measure our 303, but hooked to the truck just recently I went under and overpass marked 13'9" with no issues. legal height in the US is 13'6" and I cannot imagine they would build a camper that is not under this for fear of having issues with AC units being left on the roadway.

This comes to mind and I will not be going under anything that is not marked 13'6" or greater: http://11foot8.com/
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                X