Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solitude 310GK tank vent identification.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be interesting to see the tank layout of a “two tank” Solitude. Back to the OP on this . . . can you pull the aft wall of your pass through storage and take some pictures of ABS lines going into and venting your tanks?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

All, here is the picture of my Nautilus (only 2 drain valve handles)
      Click image for larger version

Name:	2017_valvebox.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	87461
      2017 Solitude GK310
      2017 Ram 3500

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
        It would be interesting to see the tank layout of a “two tank” Solitude. Back to the OP on this . . . can you pull the aft wall of your pass through storage and take some pictures of ABS lines going into and venting your tanks?

Rob
        Yes, I am going in there today to also verify that the vent pipe has not dropped into the black tank, as some reported here, and will take some pictures.
        2017 Solitude GK310
        2017 Ram 3500

Comment

As promised, some pictures of plumbing behind the aft storage wall (starting on the right and panning left).
          Some things I noticed:
          The black tank vent pipe appears to be solid and not to have slid down into the tank.
          The black tank vent is dedicated to the black tank, afaict from the pictures.
          I do not see a vent for the gray tank, at all? Possibly on the washing machine drain line...but I don't see an exterior indication of a vent, anywhere.

Name:	plumbing-01.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	87466

Name:	plumbing-02.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	87467

Name:	plumbing-03.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	87468

Name:	plumbing-04.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	87469
          2017 Solitude GK310
          2017 Ram 3500

Comment

That is very interesting. There should be p-traps under the shower and bath sink as well as the kitchen sink so they would not vent the grey tank, and you probably would not want that vented inside anyhow. Not sure where to point you to next.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Is this fitting on the shower pipe a "T"? If so does it go up with the black tank vent?

Name:	310x.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	87472

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I had to climb in and look again because I missed that. Yes it is a "T" that goes up the wall with the black vent. So I am guessing they connect together behind the shower wall and go to a common plumbing vent, as originally stated here. That makes it impossible to clean the black tank vent from the roof, I'm thinking (S-I-G-H!)
                2017 Solitude GK310
                2017 Ram 3500

Comment

This may sound a little too aggressive for you but you could cut the black tank vent pipe about half way up the angle and that would allow you to remove it from the black tank, careful this could be a little stinky, and have a bucket under the cut if there is anything in the pipe. To reinstall get a 1-1/2" Fernco coupler from the hardware store, looks like this Fernco 1-1/2-in x 1-1/2-in x 1-1/2-in dia Coupling PVC Fitting in the PVC Pipe & Fittings department at Lowes.com. You slip it onto the pipe and then line the pipes up to slide over the joint, mark the pipe so you know how far to slide it, then tighten clamps and it will be sealed.

Brian
                  Brian & Michelle
                  2018 Reflection 29RS
                  2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                    This may sound a little too aggressive for you but you could cut the black tank vent pipe about half way up the angle and that would allow you to remove it from the black tank, careful this could be a little stinky, and have a bucket under the cut if there is anything in the pipe. To reinstall get a 1-1/2" Fernco coupler from the hardware store, looks like this Fernco 1-1/2-in x 1-1/2-in x 1-1/2-in dia Coupling PVC Fitting in the PVC Pipe & Fittings department at Lowes.com. You slip it onto the pipe and then line the pipes up to slide over the joint, mark the pipe so you know how far to slide it, then tighten clamps and it will be sealed.

Brian
                    I will keep that as an option. For know I am going to fill the tank, adding a quality digester, and let the trip to Georgia stir..."stuff"...up. I just can't feature the plug being anywhere but at the end of the vent pipe. I am hoping that having a full black tank, and getting whatever is in the vent softened, will help suck out whatever is in there when draining it. All that liquid should have some "pull" to it when draining?

If that doesn't do it, I will go with your suggestion when we get home. I will make sure and get several solid flushes and drains, at the campground, before returning home...so I don't pass out cutting the vent pipe.
                    2017 Solitude GK310
                    2017 Ram 3500

Comment

I would only add about 10 or 15 gallons of water to the tank for travel. Filling the tank will reduce the sloshing around as the water will not have much room to move. We always have about 10 gallons in the tank, this keeps the tank fairly clean and sloshes around while traveling. It also gives the tank a charge of water before using, the black tank is one tank that you do not want to skimp on water, the more water the better luck you will have to not have a solid pyramid form at the bottom of the toilet drain, which is usually right at the exit pipe for draining.

Brian
                      Brian & Michelle
                      2018 Reflection 29RS
                      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                        I would only add about 10 or 15 gallons of water to the tank for travel. Filling the tank will reduce the sloshing around as the water will not have much room to move. We always have about 10 gallons in the tank, this keeps the tank fairly clean and sloshes around while traveling. It also gives the tank a charge of water before using, the black tank is one tank that you do not want to skimp on water, the more water the better luck you will have to not have a solid pyramid form at the bottom of the toilet drain, which is usually right at the exit pipe for draining.

Brian
                        Thanks Brian...I had not thought of that. Will update when issue is resolved and how.
                        2017 Solitude GK310
                        2017 Ram 3500

Comment

Originally posted by vabiii3 View Post

Thanks Brian...I had not thought of that. Will update when issue is resolved and how.
                          If I may suggest add 1 cup Dawn and one or two Tied laundry pods to the black tank. The Dawn will break up the grease and slick up the inside of the tank. The Tied pod helps break thing up too. This has always worked for me. Brian is correct on the sloshing being a good thing, so don't go above 1/2 full with water. Good luck on this

Keith
                          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Don't be concerned about using the couplers that Country Campers Brian suggests in post #23. I use these in many places, usually in pairs to make a piece of drain plumbing removable to get at something else. They are easy to use and permanently secure. The pair in the picture plus one more from the bathroom sink and the shower P trap connection allowed be to remove the drain/vent piping to the grey tank to solve the "pushed too far into the tank at assembly" problem and to replace the grommet.

Rob

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2706.JPG Views:	0 Size:	138.7 KB ID:	87482
                            Cate & Rob
                            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                            2015 Reflection 303RLS
                            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Based on the way the vent lines are run, you may be able to run a water line down from the roof into the black tank to clear any blockages. I vaguely remember one of the members stating he had a wasp nest inside the vent causing issues.
                              Joseph
                              Tow
                              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                                Based on the way the vent lines are run, you may be able to run a water line down from the roof into the black tank to clear any blockages. I vaguely remember one of the members stating he had a wasp nest inside the vent causing issues.
                                vabiii3

Yep - they love that cap. I was lucky not to get stung when I found it. BTW There may be a retaining screw in it so look around the parameter. It pulls straight up. if you twist you can break the legs off of it

Keith
                                2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
                                X