Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bent our stairs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bent our stairs

    I bent the stairs on our 221RB yesterday. Got everything ready to move it out to set up and didn't put the stairs in. They are made by Elkhart Tool and Die. I have found them on the GD website and was wondering if part no. shown can be crossed over to the actual ETD part no. I have found the stairs but the dimensions, while close aren't exact. GD Part Number: 150155, mpn 4845264812. I believe the second is the manufacturer part no. Thanks.

    I'm trying to determine if these are the same. I wouldn't think they would make more than one 3 step set. https://www.amazon.com/Motorhome-Cam...0-5ec63b24bcb5
    Last edited by BillinTexas; 08-04-2022, 05:48 AM.
    Bill & Cindy
    2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
    2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
    Central Texas

  • #2
    Originally posted by BillinTexas View Post
    I bent the stairs on our 221RB yesterday. Got everything ready to move it out to set up and didn't put the stairs in. They are made by Elkhart Tool and Die. I have found them on the GD website and was wondering if part no. shown can be crossed over to the actual ETD part no. I have found the stairs but the dimensions, while close aren't exact. GD Part Number: 150155, mpn 4845264812. I believe the second is the manufacturer part no. Thanks.

    I'm trying to determine if these are the same. I wouldn't think they would make more than one 3 step set. https://www.amazon.com/Motorhome-Cam...0-5ec63b24bcb5
    Bill--if time allows send the request (verbatim as written above) to parts@granddesignrv.com They will have a definitive answer.

    Another resource is etrailer.com. https://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-RV_...per_Steps.aspx Give them a call and you'll likely get the right answer.

    ...and for the record, been there, done that (to my stairs).
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

    Comment


    • #3
      howson , thanks, Howard. I'll do that right now. I had looked at etrailer but they didn't carry these. It does appear that Lippert has an equivalent, however. I appreciate your response.
      Bill & Cindy
      2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
      2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
      Central Texas

      Comment


      • #4
        I have those stairs that I replaced with Torklift stairs. Removed from my Reflection 310rls. They're yours for the cost of shipping. I can check it's box dimension.
        Ted
        2021 Reflection 310RLS
        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TedS View Post
          I have those stairs that I replaced with Torklift stairs. Removed from my Reflection 310rls. They're yours for the cost of shipping. I can check it's box dimension.
          TedS , that is a generous offer. I am in Texas as you can likely tell. I'd pay for the shipping I believe if you find out how much it would be. The box is 27 1/2 x 16 1/4" tall". The steps are 8 1/4" deeo x 25 1/4" wide.
          Bill & Cindy
          2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
          2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
          Central Texas

          Comment


          • #6
            Here is a photo of the p/n label.

            The stair frame outside measures 27 7/8 wide x 16 high x 12 deep. Tread is 9 x 24 1/2.

            Edit: 27 3/4 wide
            Last edited by TedS; 08-04-2022, 09:44 AM.
            Ted
            2021 Reflection 310RLS
            2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

            Comment


            • #7
              Another photo.
              Ted
              2021 Reflection 310RLS
              2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

              Comment


              • #8
                TedS BillinTexas

                For shipping, check out Fastenal as they do store to store shipping for a fairly reasonable price I have heard. Another cheaper option is Greyhound. Station to staion shipping (if you can still find a Greyhound stop).
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2018 GMC K2500 Denali Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TedS View Post
                  Another photo.
                  TedS S, That is the Lippert one. Mine are the ones made by Elkhart Tool and Die. I think maybe they will work but let me see what GD says.

                  Jlawles2 , thanks for the options to check out.
                  Bill & Cindy
                  2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
                  2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
                  Central Texas

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    They are LCI branded Alumi-tread steps.
                    Ted
                    2021 Reflection 310RLS
                    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Bill BillinTexas - my BIL bought Howard's howson 3 tread aluminum steps a few years ago when Howard replaced his factory LCI steps. Howard arranged shipping to SD from FL. Possibly Howard will recall what company he used and the pricing. It seems it was reasonable given the weight and shipping distance.

                      Thanks, in advance Howard !

                      Dan
                      Dan & Carol
                      2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                      2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        BillinTexas I'm in Southwest CO. Almost a road trip. 🤠
                        Ted
                        2021 Reflection 310RLS
                        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Canyonlight View Post
                          Bill BillinTexas - my BIL bought Howard's howson 3 tread aluminum steps a few years ago when Howard replaced his factory LCI steps. Howard arranged shipping to SD from FL. Possibly Howard will recall what company he used and the pricing. It seems it was reasonable given the weight and shipping distance.

                          Thanks, in advance Howard !

                          Dan
                          I have a hard time remembering what I had for breakfast, Dan.

                          It might have been UPS but not sure. (Sorry!)
                          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

                          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I very much appreciate Ted's offer but due to circumstances had to buy quickly. I have them in hand and will need to decide to try it myself or hire a mobile tech to do the change out.Thanks for the responses.
                            Bill & Cindy
                            2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
                            2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
                            Central Texas

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BillinTexas View Post
                              I very much appreciate Ted's offer but due to circumstances had to buy quickly. I have them in hand and will need to decide to try it myself or hire a mobile tech to do the change out.Thanks for the responses.
                              A floor jack works very well if you have one or know someone that does.

                              Brian
                              Brian & Michelle
                              2018 Reflection 29RS Oct.2017 build date, EMS-HW50C , Lippert Remote
                              2015 Chevy 3500HD CC LB Duramax , Reese Elite 18K

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X