Mirror tint for windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirror tint for windows

Has anyone applied or had applied an aftermarket mirror tint to your windows? I find that the stock windows transfer a lot of heat into the rig when exposed to direct sunlight.
    Also I have seen a number of RV's out there where the windows seem to be an almost perfect mirror and wonder how much that helps.
    -Rob-
    -
    Rob, Chris and fur baby Maya
    2019 Solitude 374TH, Victron Multiplus II 3000 2x120, 600AH of Battle Born LiFePO4, 1800W Solar, Blue Sky CC's, Starlink
    2023 GMC Denali Duramax 4x4 DRW LB CC, Curt Q25
    Follow us at https://rctravels.rmcd.ca/

I did apply tent to the previous 5er b/c the windows were CLEAR. I do suggest that if you have not done it, let someone else do it. By the time I bought all of the tent with waste it would have been cheaper. I also suggest if you want to kill heat, go for the ceramic stuff.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Many years ago (Okay, decades) my father started a window tinting business and I was the unpaid counter person and installer. Neither my job or the company lasted for long, but here are somethings I recall.

1. Don't tint already tinted glass. I'll extend this to don't tint insulated windows.

2. Do a dry fit before application, leave a generous margin to be trimmed at the end of the installation.

3. Clean, clean, and clean again.

4. Keep the glass wet when applying the film. Don't be afraid to rewet it as work progresses.

5. Don't rush.
      John
      2018 Momentum 395M
      2018 Ram 3500 Dually
      Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

KamFlyer -- see https://gdrvowners.com/forum/interio...ng-pro-install

Not a perfect solution since heat still transfers through the aluminum frame, but I'd do it again.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
        X