Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    RoyB

Just to make sure that we are seeing the same thing . . . the crosshatched areas are not framing. They are thin sheet metal strips bonded to the back of the interior luan wall to retain the attachment screws for cabinets and similar.

BTW, Grand Design normally requires that their drawings not be posted on any public site. I realize that you are posting only part of the drawing, but did GD give you permission to do this?

Rob
    If the hatched areas are not studs, then I would think I should be able to cut the window in. That actually makes more sense now that I am looking at the drawings. The backers are above and below the windows for the valance. However, every window is framed all the way around with studs. I assume it's possible to scrape some foam out to add if it is needed. I might pull an existing window out to see how it's constructed and how the window attaches.

GD did not include any disclaimer on the email or the wall drawings not to post publicly. Also why I only put a portion of the drawing up. I wasn't sure which was backing and which were studs.
    2020 GD 320G
    2021 Ram 3500 H.O. SRW.

Comment

Working...
    X