Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price ! Price ! Price !

Hi folks,
    Hopefully soon to be a new owner of a Grand design 2023 Imagine 22mle xls. Except the dealer is playing games and not dealing. QUESTION:
    What was you alls price out the door ???? Please help.

Bought new a year ago and got 30+% off MSRP and at that time inventory was still pretty low and most people were saying deals weren't being given. If they won't give you the deal you want (assuming it's reasonable) then walk away and go somewhere else.

Also, consider the fact that you're likely going to go back to the dealer for any warranty work, recalls, and service so if they are playing games with you then maybe you don't want to have to work with them. RVs are not like cars where you can go to any mechanic/shop/dealership.
    David and Deana
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4, CC, SRW, 6.6L L8T Gas, MYD 6-Speed
    2022 Reflection 303RLS w/ Gen-Y Executive Gooseneck Hitch

Comment

As a "Technical" Owner's Forum, we typically stay away from the details of the purchase discussion. There are many factors that play into this, beyond the base price. Depending on the aftermarket upgrades added, is there a trade-in and whether financing is part of the deal . . . the dealer gets a cut on all these things. Many will agree that 25% off MSRP is a place to start and every deal will be different after that.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Dentaldaddy View Post
        Hi folks,
        Hopefully soon to be a new owner of a Grand design 2023 Imagine 22mle xls. Except the dealer is playing games and not dealing. QUESTION:
        What was you alls price out the door ???? Please help.
        Like David I got close to 30% (28%) but that was back in 2018. However sales are currently lagging (at least here), so you should be able to deal. If you dealer is playing games get written pricing from some other dealers withing driving distance and see if he will match You don't indicate a location, so if you let folks know the dealer your dealing with and your location they might be better able to better help. you.
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

When I was in Mesa there was a dealer advertising 50% off trailers. A GD trailer was among those pictured. I'm sure there was some fine print in that ad, but I was thinking RV dealers must be dealing more this year than last?
          2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
          Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

With Grand Design now posting MSRP on their website, the dealer has less "flexibility" in what his starting point is going to be from which to "discount". It didn't use to be this way (and, still isn't in Canada since the website pricing is US).

Rob
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I got a 20% better price buying my Imagine 2970RL out of state. The savings more than offset the cost of a plane ticket and rental car for the in-service inspection as well as the delivery cost for the dealer having the travel trailer delivered to me in Houston TX. That was my experience- I purchased from Lazy Days in Knoxville. They have 20 locations across the country and can view all of their inventory across locations.
              Eddie & Kathy
              2021 Imagine 2970RL
              2019 Ram 2500 Laramie Mega Cab 4x4 Cummins 6.7L
              Houston, TX

Comment

Working...
              X