No power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No power

We just bought our second Grand Design. The first one was a new Reflection fifth wheel; this one is a 2600RL. When using my hair dryer this morning, we lost power to all outlets. We tried to reset GFCI breaker in kitchen. Nothing. We cut off all power and when it was turned back on, the power was gone to microwave, A/C and frig(which is now running off propane). We’re in Florida and it’s hot! We both used cpaps so we need power to operate those! Help!

Originally posted by Leener View Post
    We just bought our second Grand Design. The first one was a new Reflection fifth wheel; this one is a 2600RL. When using my hair dryer this morning, we lost power to all outlets. We tried to reset GFCI breaker in kitchen. Nothing. We cut off all power and when it was turned back on, the power was gone to microwave, A/C and frig(which is now running off propane). We’re in Florida and it’s hot! We both used cpaps so we need power to operate those! Help!
    Welcome to the forum.

Look in your main distribution panel for a tripped breaker.
    Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Originally posted by Leener View Post
      Allen is correct, but I might add to actually cycle each breaker to off and then to on. I have had breakers trip, but the switch movement was such as you could not tell.

Also as you have 50A service be sure both legs are hot to the distribution panel.Question - are all the off plugs on one side to the breaker box, IE on one leg of the power? Do you have a multi meter to check? If not ask if the campground can verify the power to you trailer is good. Pedestal breakers can fail too.

Also, while it might not help now, CPAP units can be run off of 12V. This helps if you don't want full hookups at night. This i an installation I did for my needs. No problems either - working flawlessly. We even use the 12v when we have full hookups as it helps with cord management, https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...wer-in-bedroom

Hope you find the problem.
      Keith
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
      X