Black Tank Clog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Tank Clog

I have a 2016 Grand Design Imagine RB, and have a blockage in the black tank which will only drain liquid waste. Solid waste and toilet paper appear to be clogged in plumbing between toilet and tank and are not draining from blank tank to sewer line when black tank is open. My flush valve broke off and I believe that may be covering the black tank release. What's the best way to try and empty the tank to clear the clog?

I use a FlushKing the backflush the tank. That may work to clear the outlet of the tank.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240424_202829_Chrome.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	132752
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

TFAL777, can you please provide more information on "flush valve broke off and I believe that may be covering the black tank release". Not sure I understand what broke off, and what is being covered. If a part of the toilet actually broke off and fell down the drain, then it will need to be fished out.

Usually, it is a straight shot from the toilet to the tank. If the clog is in this area, it is possible to push the clog down into the tank with a stick or rod. Likewise, if the clog is solid enough it could be hooked and pulled back up.

The back flush will work. I've also seen where filling the black tank part way using the black tank flush with the black tank drain closed and then opening it work. Either way, it may take several iterations and be careful not to overfill the black tank.
      John
      2018 Momentum 395M
      2018 Ram 3500 Dually
      Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Working...
      X