2021 2600 rb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 2600 rb

We just bought a new Grand Design 2600RB. We went out last week for a trial run before vacation and found out that the oven on the Furion stove has a issue of temp. My wife cooked a box of brownies and they cooked about 1/3 of the way all around the pan but left the middle partially cooked!! Any thoughts??

Originally posted by Firemanray View Post
    We just bought a new Grand Design 2600RB. We went out last week for a trial run before vacation and found out that the oven on the Furion stove has a issue of temp. My wife cooked a box of brownies and they cooked about 1/3 of the way all around the pan but left the middle partially cooked!! Any thoughts??
    Welcome to the forum Ray. We're glad you joined us. Attached below is a link to our welcome letter to help you navigate the forum a little easier.

There have been a few complaints about temperature regulation in the Furrion oven. My suggestion is that you purchase an oven thermometer to verify the temperature setting. Then, just adjust the setting by how far off the oven temperature is. For example, if the oven is set for 350, and it's only reading 300 on the thermometer, you'd want to adjust the oven set point by 50 degrees.

Here's a link to the thermometer I use to check my oven:

https://amazon.com/CDN-ProAccurate-T...=bestcont06-20

New Member letter:
    https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Jim

Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Welcome to RV oven baking! There are some videos on YouTube with some tips.

Some tips we have found. As at TucsonJim stated, get a thermometer. As stated in the oven manual under baking tips, PREHEAT for probably 20-30 minutes. We have also added a pizza stone to ours to better regulate heat and eliminate the hot spot caused by the underneath flame. Did I mention PREHEATING?

​​​​​​​Our first batch of cookies got charred on the bottom. After preheating and adding the pizza stone our next batch last trip were great. I will mention that they took twice as long as they do in our sticks and bricks oven. 25 minutes as opposed to the normal 13 minutes.
      Mike & Lisa
      Central Florida
      2021 Imagine 2970RL
      1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Your question's been covered, so my only purpose in posting is to say "Hi!" and "Welcome!". I hope you'll post back if/when the issue is resolved or you find a good work around. The power behind this owner's forum is sharing information with each other.

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Firemanray Welcome to the family and the forum!

Our oven had to be replaced under warranty (as have many others) for being as much as 100 degrees off, and wouldn't even get close to the max temp. Furrion corrected this on their new ovens by not putting a temp display (or I haven't found it yet) so you don't know how far off it is but my thermometer agrees with the settings.
          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
          Nash County, NC
          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
          X