Hello from Oregon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Oregon

Just got a Imagine 2610ML on Friday the 18th and a new truck to pull it on Friday the 25th and I can't wait to use it.
    I've been browsing through this forum even before I actually bought my rig and seeing how you respond to help out anyone with a problems is encouraging. I haven't taken mine out yet since I didn't have a truck to pull it with until Friday, so after I get my hitch set up on Wednesday I can take it out and practice
    backing it up before I take it camping. It's 111 degrees here today so I decided to join, Too hot to go outside. Lived here all my life and I've never seen it this hot.
    I've read the welcome letter a few times and hope everything's filled out right. Look forward to spending more time here learning from all of you.

Steve
    2021 Imagine 2610ML
    2021 GMC Sierra 2500 SLE 4WD Crew Cab Duramax 6.6 liter Diesel Allison Transmission

Welcome to the Family and the forum!
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Welcome. Yes it is hot in the northwest , hot here in Pa. also but not that bad , yet.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Welcome from a fellow Oregonian!
        Brian & Kellie
        2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
        2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
        2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
        2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

Welcome, my first suggestion would be that if the dealer is setting up the hitch, once you get home you should load the trailer as if you are ready to leave on a trip and then go through the setup instructions (ask the dealer for your copy) and make adjustments accordingly. The difference in an empty vs loaded trailer is significant. If you are installing the hitch just load it up as normal before making your adjustments.
          2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

familytruckster4 I got the hitch from my sister & brother in law, they went to a fifth wheel and were happy to get it out of their garage. A friend of mine was a rv mechanic for 45 years and just retired so he's setting everything up and will make the proper adjustments and teach me what I need to know.
            Were doing it on Wednesday because I had to order the saddles and control ball that they forgot to take off their trailer when they traded it in. Not to mention it's too hot to do anything outside, it was 96 degrees at 9:00 this morning.
            2021 Imagine 2610ML
            2021 GMC Sierra 2500 SLE 4WD Crew Cab Duramax 6.6 liter Diesel Allison Transmission

Comment

By saying "control ball" do you mean that it has a friction type sway control ? If so you might be disappointed with the performance from that type of setup on a trailer that large. Our first travel trailer was a 27ft no slides that weighed less than 5k dry and it was a handful with the friction bar, we went to an "active sway control" type hitch on our next trailer and found it to be way better.
              2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Working...
              X