Pleasantly Surprised with 2022 Reflection 337RLS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pleasantly Surprised with 2022 Reflection 337RLS

We recently took delivery of a 2022 337RLS. Upon getting the coach home and parked in the garage I proceeded to "dig" inside to clean up sawdust, screws, wire tires, and other construction remnants. I pulled out every drawer to look behind it, checked inside every cabinet, looked under all the furniture, checked behind the tv and fireplace, everywhere I could possibly access. What did I find? One screw lying on the floor behind the fireplace. There was very little sawdust and no other debris inside the coach. The floor register in the bedroom was spotless and I couldn't believe how good the heat airflow was. Kudos to Grand Design for I expected to find much more here.

I then went to the basement and removed the panel to get at the heart of the coach. Here I was a little surprised at the way the wires were run with no apparent logic. There were wires run over and under the heating ducts and plumbing lines. There was a large loom of heavy wires crushing a heater duct. There was a single wire resting on the heat sink fins of the converter. Most wires were tied down and supported but some weren't. There was quite a bit of saw dust in this area. The mix of pex and vinyl plumbing hoses looks like a disaster waiting to happen. The coroplast had a gaping gap on the side of the frame where I could stick my hand in there. The coroplast was sagging pretty good and I noticed there were no drain holes for water from the road or leaks, to escape. I put some small 1/8 inch holes at the low points and when I was above the axles I got clear water pouring out. I'm not too concerned at this point because it wasn't much water, it was clear and the coach is winterized. I'm hoping it was sprayed in through the gap in the coroplast I mentioned above when the dealer washed the coach. In any event I don't want this area to hold moisture.

I was glad to see the wet bolts on the suspension. I checked for bad or loose crimps on the wiring and didn't find any. The roof and caulking looks good. Everything works correctly. All in all I feel we got a pretty good coach compared to others we have purchased. Especially considering the times we are in at the moment. There is no perfect rv but all in all I'm very happy with this coach.
    Tony
    2022 GD Reflection 337RLS
    2022 Ford F350 6.7 SRW LB

Congrats and welcome.

I would not get too excited about the lack of saw dust, ours was fairly clean and after every use for a year we found saw dust in different places that got vibrated out of the cabinets.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
      Congrats and welcome.

I would not get too excited about the lack of saw dust, ours was fairly clean and after every use for a year we found saw dust in different places that got vibrated out of the cabinets.

Brian
      Yeah, I kind of noticed the same as we load the coach up. Seems I'm always finding pieces of saw dust here and there even though the coach hasn't moved. I was sure I vacuumed the inside thoroughly.
      Tony
      2022 GD Reflection 337RLS
      2022 Ford F350 6.7 SRW LB

Comment

Yes, Tony welcome and congratulations on your new 337 ! Over the years Carol and I have helped sell many GDRVs after folks toured our 303 and talked with us. Even one our Groomsmen of nearly 40 years ago when Carol and I were married bought a 2018 337 and they are just loving it.

As Brian shared, even after all these years, we still get saw dust and metal filings dropping out of the rear area of our ceiling onto the couch when we travel on rough sections of road. Having a vacuum and broom/dust pan is is as important as beverages !

Dan
        Dan & Carol
        2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
        2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

I'm glad to hear that it's in pretty good shape. My unit is 5 years old now, and the sawdust fairy continues to pay us visits from time to time.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Could be termites. Ha ha, just kidding.

Ruth and Patrick
            2022 Transcend 200MK
            2021 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4

Comment

tdeperte that was my impression, too, when I took delivery of mine. Generally pleased with gdrv.
              Ted
              2021 Reflection 310RLS
              2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Working...
              X