Installing towel rings in bathroom of Transcend 221RB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing towel rings in bathroom of Transcend 221RB

Hello, I just picked up my camper and need to install towel rings in the bathroom. My unit has a rear bath and the only available space to install towel rings is the rear wall. Has anyone done this and if so are there any tips and tricks you can share? I understand that it is ill-advised to use the adhesive type as they can destroy the wallpaper. I look forward to your replies. Thank you.

Originally posted by mikkismitty View Post
    Hello, I just picked up my camper and need to install towel rings in the bathroom. My unit has a rear bath and the only available space to install towel rings is the rear wall. Has anyone done this and if so are there any tips and tricks you can share? I understand that it is ill-advised to use the adhesive type as they can destroy the wallpaper. I look forward to your replies. Thank you.
    I used theses on an outer wall
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0031s.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	86073

Its a little tough getting them into the foam.

Now the outer wall does have aluminum framing in it, so use a good stud finder to find them. You might get lucky and be able to screw into them directly.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

You could also locate a stud in the wall by tapping on the wall or using a stud finder.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Because of the weight of damp towels, I recommend using a backing board to distribute the weight over two or more studs, the more the better. This will also let you space the towel holders where you want them, not where the studs are.
        John
        2018 Momentum 395M
        2018 Ram 3500 Dually
        Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Working...
        X