Shower grab bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shower grab bars

We own a 2021 Reflection 280RS. We are planning a trip with my wife's 93 year old father. I want to install grab bars in the shower. Can't use suction ones because of the textured walls and they are not glued to the plywood well. Screw in type will be needed. How thick are the exterior walls? how far apart are the studs and what are there dimensions? Better yet where can I get a schematic of the wall structure of our model? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    GFZ3

Originally posted by GFZ3 View Post
    We own a 2021 Reflection 280RS. We are planning a trip with my wife's 93 year old father. I want to install grab bars in the shower. Can't use suction ones because of the textured walls and they are not glued to the plywood well. Screw in type will be needed. How thick are the exterior walls? how far apart are the studs and what are there dimensions? Better yet where can I get a schematic of the wall structure of our model? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    GFZ3
    Welcome to the forum and good luck with your adventure. If you reach out to Grand Design with your VIN they can provide you with some limited drawings that might help. Some members, I think Yoda has an anchor he's had good luck with in the exterior walls.

howson has a photo I stole of his wall from cutting his dryer vent, but I'm not sure if his thickness would be the same as yours. Hopefully he'll be along shortly to clarify.

Click image for larger version

Name:	D8BD7EF6-4DBE-47FB-86E7-B9E4EA0339FD.jpeg
Views:	165
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	88793
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by GFZ3 View Post

Thanks
      GFZ3
      Get with GD and request the structural drawings. You will also need a good stud finder that will find metal studs. The wall toggles I have used will not support the grab handle you need. You will need a full backer support of the handle along the wall. GD may have information on this. Also check with your dealer - they may have done this modification before.

Safe travels
      Keith
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

GFZ3 --Only suggestion I have is to consider a non-slip mat in the shower, too.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
        X