Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the RV world with our 2022 Solitude

Hi there,
    We are new to the RV world and just purchased a new 2022 Solitude 3950BH-R. We are at a permanent site for the summer with city hookup to water and electric. The most unclear thing at the moment is when and how to empty and flush the grey and black tanks. I have two of both... We did have a great "learning walk through" when we bought it, but there was so much information. Excited to find this forum!
    Kristi
    Kristi & Steve
    2022 Solitude 3950BH-R

Welcome! Before I respond, I wanted to point you to our welcome letter that will give you a lot of information about the forum such as how to post photos and set up a signature line:

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

As for dumping the tanks, a lot will depend on how much water you consume while showering and washing dishes. When we're connected to water and sewer, we dump about every three days. Some people leave the gray handles open because sewer gasses will not make it back through the drain traps. But I recommend keeping them closed to prevent food particles and soap scum from sticking to the holding tanks. In addition, the collected gray water should be dumped after the black tank to flush out the drain pipes.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thank you for the welcome message and the links!! And thank you for the advice on when to empty!
      Kristi & Steve
      2022 Solitude 3950BH-R

Comment

Welcome aboard. The best advice I can give is on the black tanks do not dump so often and never completely until ready to leave your site. Use gray water to flush the sewer line out last. Then if you have a black tank clean out hookup….use it to fully clean the tank as best as possible. Also, use a good additive to your black tank like Unique Digest It which is what I believe it is called that we use that was recommended. Great stuff.

Comment

Good Luck with the new Solitude!
          2019 Ram 2500 Hemi w/prep package
          2022 Reflection 311BHS
          Gen 2 20K Goose Box w/ 30K B&W Ball/Safety chain kit

Comment

Working...
          X