Bedroom Closet Remodel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedroom Closet Remodel

Has anyone remodeled or removed the bedroom closet? We are looking to open up the bedroom by removing the drawers and cutting off the bottom of the closet to make room for our CPAP’s. Grand Design made an opening in the back of the drawers under the closet ( I think you would need a toddler to get to it) that’s marketed as for CPAPs but neither my husband or I are that flexible.
    2023 GD Imagine XLS 23LDE

Originally posted by Toots313 View Post
    Has anyone remodeled or removed the bedroom closet? We are looking to open up the bedroom by removing the drawers and cutting off the bottom of the closet to make room for our CPAP’s. Grand Design made an opening in the back of the drawers under the closet ( I think you would need a toddler to get to it) that’s marketed as for CPAPs but neither my husband or I are that flexible.
    Hi Toots,
    Knowing the year and model of your GDRV will help forum members give informed responses. Please review the Welcome Letter to learn how to fill out your signature line.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Hi Toots,
      Knowing the year and model of your GDRV will help forum members give informed responses. Please review the Welcome Letter to learn how to fill out your signature line.

Howard
      I’m sorry I didn’t realize that the information stopped showing up when I posted. We recently downsized to a 2023 GD Imagine XLS 23LDE travel trailer from a 2019 GD Reflection 150 series 273MK. We are really missing the open bedroom of the 5th wheel. We are looking to take out the drawers and supports under the closet to try and open up the bed and make room for our cpaps .

Comment

You might be able to remove the drawers and open up that space but you may need to leave some support for the upper structure. You may try to call GD to see if this is doable.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Toots313 View Post
          I’m sorry I didn’t realize that the information stopped showing up when I posted. We recently downsized to a 2023 GD Imagine XLS 23LDE travel trailer from a 2019 GD Reflection 150 series 273MK. We are really missing the open bedroom of the 5th wheel. We are looking to take out the drawers and supports under the closet to try and open up the bed and make room for our cpaps .
          I took care of your signature line--added the 23LDE. You should see it now included with every post.

I can't think of anyone that has done what you're proposing. With a bit of carpentry it's not impossible.

Click image for larger version

Name:	23LDE.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	157.6 KB
ID:	103626

The only thing I've personally done (that's even close) is revamp the front closet area of my 315RLTS to accommodate kennels for the fur kids. That was a long time ago, but maybe it might trigger some thoughts? See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/interio...a-2019-315rlts

I'd also suggest looking through the Modifications spreadsheet. It's attached to post 1 in the Modifications channel. You might just see something in the list that triggers interest. (The spreadsheet has links to all of the listed mods.) https://gdrvowners.com/modifications...ification-list

Howard
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

I can't think of anyone that has done what you're proposing. With a bit of carpentry it's not impossible.

The only thing I've personally done (that's even close) is revamp the front closet area of my 315RLTS to accommodate kennels for the fur kids. That was a long time ago, but maybe it might trigger some thoughts? See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/interio...a-2019-315rlts

I'd also suggest looking through the Modifications spreadsheet. It's attached to post 1 in the Modifications channel. You might just see something in the list that triggers interest. (The spreadsheet has links to all of the listed mods.) https://gdrvowners.com/modifications...ification-list
            Thank you. I’ll take a look. Too bad GD put the docking station in the back of the closet, if they had put it in the front we at least could use it.
            Last edited by howson; 01-20-2023, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X