Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extra space behind panel in front pass-through storage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra space behind panel in front pass-through storage?

Hello, from the profile of the front-cap, but the straight front of the carpeted inside of the pass through storage it almost looks like there is a bit of a void between the panel and the front cap. Some is full of insulation, and wiring, but I am wondering what else is in there, and if it is possible to recover some storage space. The equivalent space in the coach above is an extra inset for the bed (ie: it appears that the head of the bed is further forward than the furthest forward part of the pass through.) We are finding the exterior storage tight- we upgraded from a smaller unit but actually lost exterior storage. Has anyone modified their front pass through, or explored what might be in that gap? Thank you!

2022 Reflection 312BHTS with 2011 F350

Originally posted by pomocamper View Post
    Hello, from the profile of the front-cap, but the straight front of the carpeted inside of the pass through storage it almost looks like there is a bit of a void between the panel and the front cap. Some is full of insulation, and wiring, but I am wondering what else is in there, and if it is possible to recover some storage space. The equivalent space in the coach above is an extra inset for the bed (ie: it appears that the head of the bed is further forward than the furthest forward part of the pass through.) We are finding the exterior storage tight- we upgraded from a smaller unit but actually lost exterior storage. Has anyone modified their front pass through, or explored what might be in that gap? Thank you!
    I would give GD customer service a call and see if they have any drawings they can share. For some reason I remember that front wall behind the cap being structural. Your not the first here that has tried to access that front area. Try using the search feature. Now to the rear you may find space behind the removable wall.

Safe travels
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by pomocamper View Post
      This might be of interest: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/interio...a-2019-315rlts

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
      X