Added a generator slide to Reflection 337RLS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Added a generator slide to Reflection 337RLS

Hey all. Yesterday I added a generator slide to my rig. Check it out!
    Matt & Krystin
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS-165W solar
    2022 RAM 3500HD DRW Crew CTD LB #5800 payload
    B&W-Tow n Stow, Turnover Ball & Companion 20k

Very nice!. How many holes did you put in your holding tanks?, just kidding.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Battey -- that combination looks like it was made for each other. Should be much easier to lift the generator and place it on the ground when it's needed (and then return to the pass-thru when the run is complete) with that new slide setup.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I have the same generator but in the Champion brand, its well suited to RVing and very quiet. I just cant bring myself to give up the compartment space though. We keep ours in the back of the truck.
        2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
          Very nice!. How many holes did you put in your holding tanks?, just kidding.

Brian
          almost one!!!!

Matt & Krystin

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
            Battey -- that combination looks like it was made for each other. Should be much easier to lift the generator and place it on the ground when it's needed (and then return to the pass-thru when the run is complete) with that new slide setup.
            Thanks but I will be running it in the out position with an exhaust extension. Gonna run a Y from the propane so I can just hit the FOB from inside. Super quiet too!!
            Matt & Krystin

Comment

Originally posted by Battey View Post
              Thanks but I will be running it in the out position with an exhaust extension. Gonna run a Y from the propane so I can just hit the FOB from inside. Super quiet too!!
              You read between the lines...didn't want to come across as critical. An exhaust extension should work fine to keep you and yours safe from harmful emissions.

Howard
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
              2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

You read between the lines...didn't want to come across as critical. An exhaust extension should work fine to keep you and yours safe from harmful emissions.

Howard
                I didn’t think you were critical at all! I bought an extra carbon monoxide detector. Plus I doubt we ever run it while in bed with windows open. I’m not trying to drift off to death, I got traveling to do!
                Matt & Krystin

Comment

Originally posted by familytruckster4 View Post
                  I have the same generator but in the Champion brand, its well suited to RVing and very quiet. I just cant bring myself to give up the compartment space though. We keep ours in the back of the truck.
                  Same here about the storage space--- although I have the 6300w Yamaha so it's pretty big but I like it in the truck for several reasons including keeping the Carbon Monoxide far away from the camper as well as the noise. I have had instances even with the truck over 20'+ away....some of the exhaust fumes still make it in the camper when the windows are open in the mountains and the wind blows a certain way.
                  40-year Camping Enthusiast
                  2022 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS with tons of upgrades
                  2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC LB SRW D-Max 3865 Cargo Capacity

Comment

Originally posted by Battey View Post
                    Hey all. Yesterday I added a generator slide to my rig. Check it out!
                    Those are cool generators. A friend of mine just got a pair of them with his new RV purchase and he loves them.
                    40-year Camping Enthusiast
                    2022 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS with tons of upgrades
                    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC LB SRW D-Max 3865 Cargo Capacity

Comment

I am new to this forum and to 5th wheels. We recently purchased a 2022 Grand Design 337 RLS. I use a CPAP to sleep at night and am wondering if it would cause any problems if I plugged a 2500 watt generator in and let it run all night so I can use my CPAP and not upset the reset of the camp ground with my big 4800 watt generator. Just want to make sure that using a small generator with the trailer plugged into a 15 amp 120 volt plug will not damage anything.

Comment

CAMPINGFOOL Welcome to the forum! That should not be a problem, providing you do not draw more than the 2500 watts (water heater on gas, etc). An easier option might be to look at a 12v power supply for your CPAP. Most do not actually run on 120V, the step down with a power brick. You just need a 12v brick for the unit.

Neil Citro
                        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Thanks for the input. What are these power bricks you speak of? And where do I find them?

Comment

Originally posted by CAMPINGFOOL View Post
                            Thanks for the input. What are these power bricks you speak of? And where do I find them?
                            Usually from the company that makes your CPAP. Admittedly I do not have one, but have seen people talk about it often. Usually the cord for the CPAP has a brick either on the end of it or in line in the cord that converts it from 120VAC to something (I think 12VDC), and then plugs into the back of the CPAP. You would need a different cord that connects to 12VDC.

Another option would be a small 12v to 120v inverter. If going this route I have heard you need to not run the heater (humidifier?) so it uses less power.

Neil Citro

Comment

CAMPINGFOOL For example, here is one for a ResMed unit:

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/res...hoC6CgQAvD_BwE

Neil Citro

Comment

Working...
                              X