Imagine XLS 17MKE Sleeping Capacity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine XLS 17MKE Sleeping Capacity

We just took possession of our 17MKE and were disappointed that the advertised "sleeps 4" actually doesn't. When the Murphy bed is down, the recliner closest to the bed cannot be extended to accommodate a sleepy guest. We downsized from a 34 ft Winnebago motorhome to this with the excitement of taking grandchildren along on adventures with us.

Moderator Addition: Any suggestions for resolution?

Last edited by TucsonJim; 10-20-2023, 06:13 PM.

Moved post to its own thread.

CharlieandLeigh

Not much we can help with in this situation. I wonder if the sleeping capacity is listed for the booth dinette option?

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

As Country Campers Brian describes . . . I expect that the additional sleeping accommodation goes with the booth dinette option.

Rob

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1648.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	122019
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

There is a group on Facebook dedicated to the 17MKE. I'm wondering if you could find another owner who'd prefer to swap out their booth seating for your theater seating?

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

In out booth sleeping arrangement on our first TT the mattress built from the cushions was lets just say less than desirable. In the 303 the Sofa is even less than that. When people are with us, there is a blow up air mattress that gets put on the floor in front of the TV at night. It's self contained for air up and air down so deploying and retracting is about the same time as putting the table down and making the bed.

Have you considered this option?
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

I have the same issue. I have considered buying a smaller middle insert between the recliners and moving them over a few inches. You could then use the extra room on the side for storage. Heat trailer but the designers failed on this one. See my post for the drawers under the bed.
            https://gdrvowners.com/forum/interio...er-storage-mod

Jeff House
            Jeff & Pam
            2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE

Comment

We just picked up a 2022 XLS 17 MKE with a dinette. I am not good at puzzles and can not for the life of me figure out the the pattern for the cushions to cover the bed platform. Can someone please provide a picture with the correrct placement.
              Last edited by YwNightmare; 02-09-2024, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by YwNightmare View Post
                We just picked up a 2022 XLS 17 MKE with a dinette. I am not good at puzzles and can not for the life of me figure out the the pattern for the cushions to cover the bed platform. Can someone please provide a picture with the correrct placement.
                See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/interio...tte-conversion

If that doesn't solve your issue, please post pictures of your dinette setup.

Howard

P.S. Welcome to the forum.
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

We also own a 17mke. It's one of the things I intend to do eventually, but if you remove the middle section between the recliners and move them together toward the rear end of the slide, both recliners will work with the Murphy bed down.
                  Dustin and Samantha
                  2022 Imagine XLS 17MKE
                  2021 Chevy Silverado - 3.0 Duramax - B&W Continuum

Comment

Working...
                  X