Reflection 303RLS Shower Enclosure Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflection 303RLS Shower Enclosure Replacement

I walked into my Reflection 303RLS about a month ago and saw broken glass in the hallway. When I opened the bathroom door, there was glass everywhere. Turns out one of the shower doors shattered - no idea why. The trailer was sitting on my level storage pad, and was sitting on the leveling stands - hadn’t moved in a week.

I contacted Grand Design and without hesitation they offered to send me a replacement door. When the shipping crate arrived about three weeks later, it was a full shower enclosure. I guess they no longer use the clear glass enclosures, because the replacement is frosted and textured. I created a video documenting the replacement process and put it out there on my YouTube channel (link below), just in case anyone wants to try this on their own. Since you have to assemble the enclosure in the small bathroom, it wasn’t the easiest project I have completed. Probably would have been easier with a second set of hands.

https://youtu.be/SDdU-65kQnU?si=L25o0ghLF1iVEt6N

2022 Ram 2500 4x4, 6.7 Cummins, RamBox, Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Plus, B&W Companion
    2022 Reflection 303RLS, Progressive hardwired EMS, Airborne Sidewinder​
    YouTube Chanel

We were camped at Quartzsite one year when our neighbor had their shower glass just bust like that. They weren't inside at the time, but heard the "bang" and went running in to find it. It's very odd.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I would imagine it made quite a racket. It would certainly get your attention if you happened to be in the bathroom at the time.
      2022 Ram 2500 4x4, 6.7 Cummins, RamBox, Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Plus, B&W Companion
      YouTube Chanel

Comment

We replaced ours with a shower curtain. I did not fit through the door opening very well, tall person, and the curtain made for more room when open.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Nice video. Thanks for posting.
          Could you imagine one of those doors 'exploding' and waking you up in the middle of the night? You would think someone was shootin' at ya!
          2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
          2021 303RLS
          Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

After being in the room when a tempered glass flat panel door exploded (there may or may not have been a glass cutter and a hammer involved, yes I was following directions of parental figure), I can attest you will not know what happened for 5 seconds or so while you wait for your hearing to come back.

I can also attest that tempered glass breaking is like dropping ball bearings. It goes places you would never imagine. We never figured out how it made the turns through the house into other rooms as we found glass a year or more later.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
              We replaced ours with a shower curtain. I did not fit through the door opening very well, tall person, and the curtain made for more room when open.

Brian
              I'm not as tall as you, but I've hit my forehead on that top rail fairly often.....wife wonders what I'm cursing at........
              2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
              2021 303RLS
              Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post

I can also attest that tempered glass breaking is like dropping ball bearings. It goes places you would never imagine. We never figured out how it made the turns through the house into other rooms as we found glass a year or more later.
                Somehow (probably not from the initial break) a chunk of the glass ended up under my living room slide. Now I have a small tear in the vinyl where it drug across the floor when I opened the slide.
                YouTube Chanel

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Brian
                  That was actually the route I was planning to go, but when GD sent me a free replacement, I couldn’t pass it up. Definitely a head banger.
                  YouTube Chanel

Comment

Originally posted by Jomani View Post

Somehow (probably not from the initial break) a chunk of the glass ended up under my living room slide. Now I have a small tear in the vinyl where it drug across the floor when I opened the slide.
                    Nothing surprises me when it comes to broken glass. Like I said, like bearings. It just ends up everywhere and always in the most strange places that you would not suspect. Since it's all hard surfaces between the shower and the slides, I could imagine the glass had enough momentum to end up there on it;s own. I would not be surprised in the slightest if you find glass under the rear sofa.
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Just to add to this post. Several owners have changed out their heavy glass doors for a Nautilus shower door. It weighs about 10 pounds and squeegees the water off when you open it. Here's a video on how to install it.

https://youtu.be/s6uX_I8CEOw?si=BqaQqIFGMlzjFqS5

Jim

Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Jim, How would that work on a curved shower like the 303's? I see it working on a straight opening very easily.
                        Joseph
                        Tow
                        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                          Jim, How would that work on a curved shower like the 303's? I see it working on a straight opening very easily.
                          I forgot that some of them are curved. I looked at the FAQ for Nautilus and they don't have an application for curved showers.

Jim
                          Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Working...
                          X