Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you normally fasten items to the walls, adding hooks and brackets ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you normally fasten items to the walls, adding hooks and brackets ??

Just received our new 349M. I am wondering what is the best way to secure hooks, brackets and the like to the garage walls to hold things like a ladder against the wall, etc. ??

The ideal situation is to find a stud and use that to anchor your hooks or brackets to, but the studs are rarely where you want them. My solution is to mount a 1x4 or 1x2 board (size depends on the hook or bracket to be installed) across two or more studs and then install the hooks or brackets on the board. The board is painted/stained/varnished to She Who Must be Obeyed specifications before mounting. IMHO this is a much stronger system than using hollow wall anchors.
    John
    2018 Momentum 395M
    2018 Ram 3500 Dually
    Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

You could also use one of the wall rail systems from HD or Lowes. Just make sure the hooks you get can be locked in place (set screw or other positive lock). Don't ask how I learned this

https://www.lowes.com/search?searchT...alog=292514718
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
      X