Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grand Design's use of pin nailers - trim falling off everywhere!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paul and judy View Post
    My molding on the Dinning room slide it in my 310 has fallen off twice now. First time I did it was under warranty and now I want to fix it myself. I did notice that there are only nails along the bottom of the molding and none at the top. Does anybody know why that would be? I am going to use Brad nails and some no more nails glue to permanently install the molding and I’m just wondering if I can glue and nail at the top of the molding as well. Seems weird to me that they would put no nails at the top and I’m wondering if that has something to do with the way the slide operates. Any help or comments would be truly appreciated
    If you are talking about the trim around the slide be aware that if you ever need to pull the slide or even hyper extend it that trim needs to come off. Keep that in mind if you glue it.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

I also have had my window trim fall off of in multiple locations on my 2019 Solitude. The pin nails that were used are way undersized for the purpose. Very disappointed in the quality of the camper.

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post

If you are talking about the trim around the slide be aware that if you ever need to pull the slide or even hyper extend it that trim needs to come off. Keep that in mind if you glue it.
        That is a good point. Maybe just a few dabs of glue that will make it easier to pry off if I did need to remove. I am just concerned for the potential damage to other stuff if it falls again.
        Paul, Judy and Embr
        2021 310 gk
        2019 Ram Mega cab dually diesel

Comment

Originally posted by Paul and judy View Post

That is a good point. Maybe just a few dabs of glue that will make it easier to pry off if I did need to remove. I am just concerned for the potential damage to other stuff if it falls again.
          You could just add a few finish nails, brad type or similar, with the small head. The pin nails do not have heads on them and do not hold at all, unless you put a million in to 1 board like one of ours had.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

[QUOTE=Country Campers;n116533]

You could just add a few finish nails, brad type or similar, with the small head. The pin nails do not have heads on them and do not hold at all, unless you put a million in to 1 board like one of ours had.
            Brian[/QUOTe

Brian

My pins all still in the moulding....so they pulled out of the slideout header
            Paul, Judy and Embr
            2021 310 gk
            2019 Ram Mega cab dually diesel

Comment

I had to remove trim to access cable slide motors and used cabinet screws to put the trim back up. Removable if I need to.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230718_151235_Chrome.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	116537
              Ted
              2021 Reflection 310RLS
              2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

You might want to pay attention to what is behind the trim. If you are talking about along the top edge of the top horizontal board, be aware that this piece sticks up above the slide and fastening it could mean that you affix it to the outside wall if not careful. This would be BAD.
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                X