Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacing cupboard doors with some quality units.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing cupboard doors with some quality units.

Hi all, my 2019 2797RSTS cupboard doors are literally self destructing. Trailer does not have any water leaks, has not been hammered down logging roads, is kept inside a large shop. Everything was fine.. Then I noticed one day the cupboard door above the bed was separating at the corner joint. Like with a good 1/4" gap. Started to look closely at all the others. About 25% of them are starting to do same. Not interested in patching the garbage quality doors installed. Don't care about a couple hundred extra pounds. Anybody done this? Before I get flamed, I know that trailers are built to a weight spec. I know they choose to keep them light for many marketing reasons. Was told by many that GD was a quality built rig. Hate to see a cheap one!
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS Vin # 573TR3424K3319511
    2020 Sierra HD AT-4

Originally posted by Farklepilot View Post
    Hi all, my 2019 2797RSTS cupboard doors are literally self destructing. Trailer does not have any water leaks, has not been hammered down logging roads, is kept inside a large shop. Everything was fine.. Then I noticed one day the cupboard door above the bed was separating at the corner joint. Like with a good 1/4" gap. Started to look closely at all the others. About 25% of them are starting to do same. Not interested in patching the garbage quality doors installed. Don't care about a couple hundred extra pounds. Anybody done this? Before I get flamed, I know that trailers are built to a weight spec. I know they choose to keep them light for many marketing reasons. Was told by many that GD was a quality built rig. Hate to see a cheap one!

TucsonJim
    I think Jim had a couple of his separate and was able to repair them but I’m not aware of anyone that has straight up replaced them. I think the separation has to do with heating and cooling mixed with humidity.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Thanks for the response.. got carried away with the numbers lol... obviously not a 2797. 297RSTS. Understood if you subjected them to extremes this could happen. Trailer lives inside a shop here in the Pacific NW. Never seen a desert. Never seen temps below freezing. Never been in a high humidity environment. At this point I will assume it's just mine? either way, I will be looking at upgrading them.
      2019 Reflection 297RSTS Vin # 573TR3424K3319511
      2020 Sierra HD AT-4

Comment

Originally posted by Farklepilot View Post
        Thanks for the response.. got carried away with the numbers lol... obviously not a 2797. 297RSTS. Understood if you subjected them to extremes this could happen. Trailer lives inside a shop here in the Pacific NW. Never seen a desert. Never seen temps below freezing. Never been in a high humidity environment. At this point I will assume it's just mine? either way, I will be looking at upgrading them.
        It's not just yours. My 2017 297 had some cabinet doors shrink and crack. But of course, I live in the desert and the temperature inside the coach can hit 140°F on a blistering hot day. The cabinet doors are real wood, so they can be affected by lots of environmental conditions such as swelling in humidity and shrinking in hot/dry climates. I did remove and repair mine, but they are not perfect. I've considered going to a local cabinet shop for replacements if I ever feel the need.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	42174
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
        X