What's behind the bulkhead on the pass through of a Grand Design 2450RL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's behind the bulkhead on the pass through of a Grand Design 2450RL

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had removed the bulkhead on the pass through on a 2450RL. I am considering adding more batteries and was going to remove that panel but wondered if anyone had done so and taken pictures. I'm installing a water filter on the side of the nautilus and realized that is attached over the bulkhead. So I could pull it down but it's flimsy and I don't want to tear it up...

Originally posted by microm3gas View Post
    Hello, I was wondering if anyone had removed the bulkhead on the pass through on a 2450RL. I am considering adding more batteries and was going to remove that panel but wondered if anyone had done so and taken pictures. I'm installing a water filter on the side of the nautilus and realized that is attached over the bulkhead. So I could pull it down but it's flimsy and I don't want to tear it up...
    Bad bad things lol.

Seriously most of us have, be prepared for a holy mess once you get back there though. There’s space to be had but days will be needed to tidy the wiring and plumbing that is in there. I don’t have any pictures of when I was in there but if you search I’m sure you’ll find some. I had plenty of room for my EMS as well as the junction box I used to split out a phase of my 50 amp service for my inverter. I also tore out my steps and rebuilt them to have flip up storage, from the factory that’s all open underneath and some have put batteries there.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by microm3gas View Post
      You will find roughly 3 or 4 small black screws at each end. Remove them and the panel easily comes out.
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

The 2450RL is in the Imagine line , sorry you fiver owners. There have been a couple on here that have added batteries and also have "peaked" behind the bulk head , front of the pass thru storage. Guest , Jim do you remove any of the panels in the pass thru when you installed your battery in the pass thru?

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
          The 2450RL is in the Imagine line , sorry you fiver owners. There have been a couple on here that have added batteries and also have "peaked" behind the bulk head , front of the pass thru storage. Guest , Jim do you remove any of the panels in the pass thru when you installed your battery in the pass thru?

Brian
          I stand corrected then, sorry I missed that OP.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Brian
            Brian,

I did not. One member did and I recall its packed with insulation and nothing else is present. The wiring from the markers, and solar plug run across the ceiling of the pass thru and into the docking station.

Jim

Comment

Working...
            X