Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic trays in storage compartments

Hi All
    We have yet to go camping with our 303. When I opened the basement storage doors to check the mouse traps, I noticed one of the plastic 'trays' (immediately inside the doors) had developed about a 10cm long crack in it. Starting from a screw on the lip, going down ans heading across the bottom. Now this happened while sitting for the winter. It made me wonder, how much weight should you really expect these 'trays' to hold?

The cm measurement is for you Rob..lol (Cate & Rob)
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    2021 303RLS
    Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

I would think probably from the screws being overtightened when they were installed. I had a few places like this where they were a bit aggressive with the screw gun on some of my skirting and other plastic bits. I put a fair bit of weight in mine, I bet the passenger side has 100 pounds in it. Plus, when I was redoing my plumbing and crawled in there my knee got hung up in it and it took some of my weight. It bent the brackets underneath but did not crack the plastic.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

This is a long-standing issue with those plastic trays (happened in our 2016 Reflection 337RLS, too). I "fixed" ours with large fender washers before I saw someone else's better idea of cutting some aluminum angle to go around the entire edge. Yet another industrious person fabricated an entire replacement tray out of sheet metal. Your rig is new enough you could get GD to replace the trays for you then take one of the above actions to prevent the cracks from happening again.

Rob
      Rob & Laura
      U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
      2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
      2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
      (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
      Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Yes Neil, I agree. Over tightened and/or not pre-drilled.
        Second Chance, I was thinking of showing the dealer a pic of the crack and see if I could just pick up the replacement tray and install myself. Do they ever do warranty things that way?
        2021 303RLS

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
          Second Chance, I was thinking of showing the dealer a pic of the crack and see if I could just pick up the replacement tray and install myself. Do they ever do warranty things that way?
          I don't think dealers will, but I have sent photos of things to GD Customer Service in Indiana and they have sent the parts. I'm waiting on a hydraulic manifold right now that was done that way.

Rob
          Rob & Laura
          U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
          2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
          2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
          (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
          Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
            Yeah Rob is exactly right, contact Grand Design and they’ll ship it to you. I did this with my radio.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
            2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
            2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Thank you both
              2021 303RLS

Comment

Working...
              X