No announcement yet.

2021 303rls wasted space?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

howson Skip to about 4:00 mark, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKPLpcAeJPY you will have to forgive him, he does not know any better.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

yep seen that a couple weeks ago, just what I was thinking
      2021 Reflection 303RLS
      2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
      Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

I see that aa a little inconvenient. Having to lift the cord over the door opening instead of directly feeding the cable into the spool. Good idea, not the execution I would expect for a mid-range priced rig. It may be ok as an after-market idea. I had an electric rewind that I could wipe the dirt off the cable as it fed directly on to the reel. I do miss that feature.
        Ted
        2021 Reflection 310RLS
        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

yep mine is manual rewind with rag into my tub.
          2021 Reflection 303RLS
          Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

I can't believe this topic just came up! We just completed our 10 day inaugural trip in our 297rsts. I was going over every nook and cranny and saw that space behind the fireplace. Our camping neighbor had an Imagine with a fireplace cabinet with a pop-up TV. I started thinking, why not put in the pop up and add a window to the curbside of the slide? Then I have a view, and my wife can pop up the TV whenever a soccer game is on...Thoughts on adding a window?
            Erik
            Erik & Tea
            2021 Reflection 297RSTS
            2005 Ford Excursion 6L diesel
            ProPride hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Popga View Post
              I can't believe this topic just came up! We just completed our 10 day inaugural trip in our 297rsts. I was going over every nook and cranny and saw that space behind the fireplace. Our camping neighbor had an Imagine with a fireplace cabinet with a pop-up TV. I started thinking, why not put in the pop up and add a window to the curbside of the slide? Then I have a view, and my wife can pop up the TV whenever a soccer game is on...Thoughts on adding a window?
              Erik
              That would be quite a project. All the concerns and issues Rob raised in post 8 are still applicable.
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Popga

The earlier discussion on this thread was about installing a storage compartment door. Without wall frame structure surrounding the opening, the compartment door (or window) would only be supported by the very thin luan ply on the outside and inside of the wall plus the foam insulation in between. There are aftermarket RV windows with an interior trim ring to clamp the wall . . . but, I have yet to find a compartment door with this configuration. I "borrowed" the attached drawing form the internet to illustrate how the interior trim ring would secure the window to the wall. Definitely a significant undertaking.

Rob

Click image for larger version  Name:	Wall_Side_Spacer.jpg Views:	6 Size:	92.3 KB ID:	55187
                Last edited by Cate&Rob; 05-25-2021, 04:33 PM.
                Cate & Rob
                (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

howson Cate&Rob It does seem like a bit too much of an undertaking. Maybe I'll just go outside to enjoy the view...Thanks
                  ​​​​​​​Erik
                  Erik & Tea
                  2021 Reflection 297RSTS
                  2005 Ford Excursion 6L diesel
                  ProPride hitch

Comment

Popga
                    Hi Eric,
                    Get an outside camera and put the view on the TV screen . . LOL!

Rob
                    Cate & Rob
                    2015 Reflection 303RLS
                    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Popga Erik, The biggest things you would need to overcome in such a project start with the cabinetry in that area. The TV is mounted to a false wall with copious amounts of dead space behind it. Next is the "pop up tray" you need enough room for it to fit (most likely behind the FP is ample) and it needs to be tall enough for the mechanism to fit, and possibly a counter top to replace the piece that is there (if it runs to the back wall its littered with holes for utilities at this point). Lastly would be to install the window, as Rob stated, they make "sandwich frame" units designed to fit in the opening, provided there is not a structural member hiding right where you want to put the window.
                      Joseph
                      Tow
                      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
                        Popga
                        Hi Eric,
                        Get an outside camera and put the view on the TV screen . . LOL!

Rob
                        Get a motorized one with remote control and zoom so you can human watch. It's the best most entertaining sport out there.
                        Joseph
                        Tow
                        South of Houston Texas

Comment

howson
                          Hi Howard,

Back to your question in post #9 . . .

1) Cut the hole for the hatch frame
                          2) Dig out 2" of foam between the inner and outer luan surfaces all the way around (this is the most difficult part of the project and needs to be reasonably accurate)
                          3) Make hardwood blocks to fill the 2" space all around. The side ones have the curved ends and go in first. The upper and lower ones are straight and go in second.
                          4) Coat the blocks in thickened epoxy and insert between the inner and outer walls. Clamp into place until the epoxy sets.
                          5) Install hatch with frame screwed to the hardwood just as it would be to an aluminum perimeter frame.

Unfortunately, this is modelled after a boat project from years ago and I don't have any pictures.

Rob
                          Cate & Rob
                          2015 Reflection 303RLS
                          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

piece of cake lol
                            2021 Reflection 303RLS
                            Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Working...
                            X