New roller shades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New roller shades

Not knowing how durable these are is it ok to keep shades closed while traveling and during storage? Not sure if the roller will hold up
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
    Anderson ultimate hitch

I have found that mine will typically roll themselves up if I am on a bumpy road. OTOH, we typically leave ours in the down position when the trailer is not in use to protect against sun damage. So...50/50.
    2017 310GK

Comment

Mine have remained down during travel.
      Ted
      2021 Reflection 310RLS
      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Mine stay down, too, during travel or when away from the trailer. "Down" also means the corresponding window is closed. Open window? Open shade. This is a visual clue so (hopefully) a window is not left open. 'Cause if I did it surely would rain.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Hmmm, From day one our shades have either rolled up, partially rolled up, or stayed down. No rhyme or reason to it as far as we can tell. Now we roll them up under the assumption that it is better to roll them up under control than with the jouncing of the trailer. Reads like this is a personal choice and Dennis66 will have to see what works best for him.
          John
          2018 Momentum 395M
          2018 Ram 3500 Dually
          Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

we had all shades down and drove 2.5 hours to site and they all stayed down
            2021 Reflection 303RLS
            2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
            Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

9 hour trip. All stayed down

Comment

Working...
              X