Open space into belly compartment under stairs 310gk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open space into belly compartment under stairs 310gk

Can anyone tell me why the under stair shoe storage area is open to the belly compartment? Is it so there is some form of climate control for the underbelly? Is it for ventilation during the winter for some form of return air or is it just because they chose not to finish the enclosure.
    The reason I ask is during the summer there is always a warm spot around the stairs. I believe by closing this off it would Improve the efficiency of the A/C. Thanks in advance.
    2017 F250 Diesel Superduty SRW SWB
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R

Originally posted by drifterranch View Post
    Is it for ventilation during the winter for some form of return air or is it just because they chose not to finish the enclosure.
    I'm guessing it's the latter. The furnace does need some return air but if you start looking closely enough, you'll find other spaces open the basement. The bottom of the pantry and hutch ("coffee station") are two areas open to the basement. I closed off the space under the stairs as we park in hot climates and I don't need any more hot air entering the RV than we already have.
    Last edited by bertschb; 06-12-2021, 01:34 PM.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
    2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

So i pulled the HVAC drawing for your 310GK. It shows the air return for the furnace is over by the pantry door. Here's a snap shot - The striped area is the air return:

Click image for larger version

Name:	310 Air Return.JPG
Views:	355
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	57288

But the drawing also shows there is either a floor or wall duct at the stairs. As long as you're not blocking that off, it appears you could seal that area a little better. The rectangular object in the drawing is the heat duct representation. You'd need to peek under there to see how it's really installed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	310 stair duct.JPG
Views:	275
Size:	3.7 KB
ID:	57289

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

TucsonJim bertschb thank you for the reply’s I will check the ducts and if everything is good I will seal it up. We are camping this weekend with a 70 humidity and 100 plus heat index. Thanks again
        BTW I have decided to insulate the floor in the underbelly and nose with closed cell foam also.
        2017 F250 Diesel Superduty SRW SWB
        2020 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

Working...
        X