Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Valandsheri View Post
    Good morning,

To follow-up my last post that has been closed and merged over here.

I have been in contact with Grand Design, as has Tucson Jim. On December 14th, 2021 I sent them many pictures, along with specific measurements (at their request) of each damaged location. I haven't received any response back from them yet. Thought I'd wait a bit due to the holidays, etc.

We are by-passing our local dealer for these repairs for a number of reasons and hoped GD would have a recommendation for a dealer who has experience with this sort of repair.

In the meantime, we have considered doing the repairs ourselves and wondered if anyone had hands-on experience with this. It's not our preference to tackle it, but, feeling a little frustrated with lack of options right now.

Thank you.

Good morning! I have looked at the notes and all of the info you provided was sent to our parts team to what looks like, place an order. However, we were told that you would not be near a dealer until April. I think that is why they held off. I have sent this to our team, and they will hopefully follow up shorty to clear up any confusion.

Thanks!

Comment

TucsonJim see reply above!

Comment

Thanks much Emily!!
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thank you!!!
          Val, Sheri, and our Desert Treasure Cattle Dog Mix TAZ
          2015 Ram 3500 Dually
          2021 Reflection 303RLS
          https://gdrvowners.com/core/images/s...tumbleweed.gifArizona.

Comment

Hello! If I could be playing a trumpet that you could hear I would. I just received a phone call from Morgan at GD who is truly an angel. It's been a long story to get here, but the bottom line is what Tucson Jim told us would happen is happening!! Grand Design is taking care of us and will be restoring our rig to where it should be. We are so happy. Thank you all!!
            Val, Sheri, and our Desert Treasure Cattle Dog Mix TAZ
            2015 Ram 3500 Dually
            2021 Reflection 303RLS
            https://gdrvowners.com/core/images/s...tumbleweed.gifArizona.

Comment

Originally posted by Valandsheri View Post
              Just found this Forum! We bought our 2021 Reflection 303RLS. Found that almost every stile and rail in our rig, plus the bathroom vanity have wrinkling on the vinyl covered "wood" pieces. GD has authorized the local dealer to make repairs. Not feeling very comfortable about their skill level to start tearing into our cabinets and causing more damage. Anyone have any experience with this? GD isn't very excited about the problem. They are just certain that the dealer can fix it. We are pretty capable of fixes, has anyone tackled something likes this themselves? Thank you for any help, contact #'s, etc.
              If this is what I think it is then it's not real wood but particle board with a fancy contact paper printed to look like wood. I had this happen to my last rig. I used a damp wash cloth and SWMBO's iron to heat it up and smooth it back down. This happened on a cabinet that was close to the slide when it was pulled in and I think moisture (water) got on it and caused the adhesive to release a bit. It looked wrinkled just like you describe. Sure wish I would have taken pictures but I was probably ticked off and just wanted results.
              It was an easy fix and probably better than the "other manufacturer's" guys would have done anyway.

If this is not the case then please ignore my comments and have a great day!
              2020 Reflection 29RS
              2019 GMC 2500 HD Duramax 4x4

Comment

Working...
              X