Problem with recliners sliding out during travel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with recliners sliding out during travel

We are on first trip in 2021 Grand Design Reflection. Our recliners slid out in the floor, power cords came unhooked. Any advice on how to keep recliners in place during travel?

Originally posted by Jpigg View Post
    We are on first trip in 2021 Grand Design Reflection. Our recliners slid out in the floor, power cords came unhooked. Any advice on how to keep recliners in place during travel?
    There should be some screws in the front bottom structure of the recliner that hold them in place on the floor, 3/4" or 1" long I believe.

If you do a search for "recliners" in the search bar upper right you will find lots of threads that may help.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Jpigg Welcome to the family and the forum!
      Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
      Nash County, NC
      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

My first thought was you should slow down for the corners...lol

Ours aren't attached to the floor...they are supposed to be?
        2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
        2021 303RLS
        Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Jpigg

​​​​​​Welcome to our owners technical forum. When you have a chance, have a look at our welcome post. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members . This will help you set up your signature and navigate the forum.

The recliners are "supposed to be" fastened to the floor of the slide as described earlier in this thread. It is really important that these fastening screws do not extend out the bottom of the slide floor or they will tear the main floor vinyl when the slide is pulled in. If you decide to fasten down your recliners, carefully inspect the underside of the slide before retracting it fo the first time. I would not trust a dealer to do this (personal opinion).

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Welcome to GD forum and my issue as well with moving recliners! I did post a couple months back but will give you some insight to what I learned. With the slide in, you can see the gap between the bottom floor and the slider "floor" that moves in and out. There is about a 1/4" to 1/2" gap and the slider floor flap lifts up to see if your screws penetrate too far. The screw length is key- can't go beyond the 3/4" depth PLUS what ever the additional height is for the recliner bottom lateral bracket and the screw head. I found 1" to 1 1/4" would work.. I've been reluctant to screw into the slider floor so ended up attaching several 1 x 2" boards with double sided velcro to act as stops between the slider floor and the recliner brackets so it 'won't slide. It's working so far but, there is some movement at times. If you or others find a better way, I'd like to hear about it also.

Mike & Linda
            2022 Reflection 337RLS
            Ram 3500
            Mike & Linda
            2022 Reflection 337RLS
            Ram 3500 Diesel
            Denver, CO

Comment

We too have experienced this on our 2nd trip with our new 2021 303RLS — Arrived home base only to find the recliners out to the middle of the coach and two screws on the floor. I too am reluctant to simply replace the screws and wish there was an alternative. Possible Mike & Linda’s approach using a strongly velcro board in front of each is an answer. The single 3/4” screw through the metal frame of the recliner into the slide was simply not enough to hold back the mass of the recliner when they moved. (BTW - I never exceed 65 mph on this trip)
              Mark & Julie
              2021 GD 303RLS; GooseBox Hitch; towed by Ram 3500 SRW

Comment

Although I have never actually checked, I'm pretty sure mine are secured to the floor. They have never moved from their place.

Unlike the back cushions on the tri-fold sofa... they are pretty much always dislocated when we arrive. We always have to watch those closely when extending the slides.
                Ken & Sandra
                2021 303RLS | 2020 F350 Lariat 6.7L 4x4 SB SRW

Comment

I'm Yet to have the back cushions move, however there is some pretty strong velcro on them i think (not certain, not the one making it into a bed).
                  Joseph
                  Tow
                  Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                  Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                  South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                  X