Recliner "leather" falling apart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack

Welcome to our forum ! Based on your 2014 337 . . . it took you a while to find us LOL! Many of us with older models will be very interested in your comparison (good or bad) between your previous and your new trailers.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
      Jack

Welcome to our forum ! Based on your 2014 337 . . . it took you a while to find us LOL! Many of us with older models will be very interested in your comparison (good or bad) between your previous and your new trailers.

Rob
      I've been around since the original forum. I read a lot in the beginning and greatly appreciated many here who modded their rigs. I haven't spent much time here the last three years. That certainly going to change going forward.

Our 2014 was more like what the industry was building earlier. For example, we didn't have the led puck lights in the ceiling. We had the classic RV lights. I did change all the bulbs to a warm led.

I Can certainly compare and contrast. There are industry trends that I don't agree with. What is with these tankless water heaters. We never ran out of hot water with a 6 gal tank. Now it seems I have to turn the water on full to get the heater to wake up.
      Jack and Jacqui

2023 Solitude 280RK-R
      2014 GMC Sierra 3500 SRW, B&W Patriot
      Sold 8/23 - 2014 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

Jack, I agree the tankless WH are a love hate relationship. Love the fact that when needed you have an endless supply, not very often but we have ran out of hot water when multiple people try to shower back to back with the old tank units. NOW the tanked units meant people had to be on their toes when doing things. Short quick burst of water, in and out of the showers, no left on running faucets. I have to keep reminding the SO that we have a limited tank to put the used water, this is not a house. Other wise I will be dumping the grey tanks 10X a day.

All Tankless HWH have a wake and heat time. I have figure out that you can open the hot listen for the click, close the hot count about 7 or so, then open the hot again and you use less water (cannot teach SO this trick as it requires her to listen). As long as you catch the HWH before the flame shut off, it works. I have considered adding a small 2 gallon or so electric HWH on the output side of the tankless unit to minimize the volume of water needed before you get hot water to fixtures. Maybe one day, but not in the plans yet.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Thanks for the input. I'll have to try and learn that technique.
          Jack and Jacqui

2023 Solitude 280RK-R
          2014 GMC Sierra 3500 SRW, B&W Patriot
          Sold 8/23 - 2014 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

For the life of me I cannot understand why Lippert continues to use this material. There are so many other choices available for coverings. The recliners in our Open range had a microfiber that wore like iron and stayed looking nice. We lived full time in this trailer for over a year and I still thought they looked great.
            I have already had to replace the armrest on ours. It barely made a year before it started peeling. At the first hint of problems in other areas its coming out and something cloth is going in.
            2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

I have the same problem on my theater seating. I bought a leather repair patch on amazon in the dark brown #5 color in the 16x60in size to recover the damage. it is a close match and hase held up this camping season very well. It is a little stiffer than stock material.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

Comment

I am attempting to use the Lippert resolution program for my peeling seats. I have provided all the information they required except for the “Lippert” part number. I have the Grand Design part number. Is there a place I can find the Lippert part number? I emailed GD support, but no reply.
                • Part Name: SOFA 62" ANCHOR UP 85 II THEATER SEATING W/HEAT LIGHT AND MASSAGE T270 SILVER NLA
                • Part Number: 682346
                • Part Description: SOFA 62" ANCHOR UP 85 II THEATER SEATING W/HEAT LIGHT AND MASSAGE T270 SILVER NO LONGER AVAILABLE
                ​thanks
                Clay
                2020 Imagine 2600RB.
                Our second trailer, after we learned what we needed!

Comment

Working...
                X